FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope Francis Bows To Houseplant, Refrigerator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
From the news source Eye of the Tiber (a new site running breaking ecclesial news):

Quote:Pope Frances broke protocol yet again this morning when he bowed to his houseplant moments before watering it. Francis, who has made ignoring protocol and tradition a trademark of his papacy, went on to bow to his refrigerator moments before extending his hand to open it. “This man is absolutely fascinating,” the Pope’s photographer, Roberto Salamanca, told the Italian newspaper L’Osservatore Romano earlier this afternoon. “The man breaks many, how you say, protocollo. All day today I spent photographing him, and you know how long it took him to make a cheese sandwich? 45 minutes. He bows to the refrigerator before opening it, then bows to a loaf of bread before removing it from the refrigerator. Each slice he takes out, he bows…to the toaster, bows, takes out a slice of cheese, bows. I’ve never seen such humility.” At press time, Pope Francis is stuck in a catch-22 as he considers whether bowing to the mirror before brushing his teeth, and consequently bowing to his own papal reflection, would contradict his show of humility.
Well, at least His Holiness is consistent! God bless him!  Grin
off tangent......... but I have bowed my way out of rooms with no one there and have (without thinking) bowed to the TV before leaving a room,  LOL
What humility! If this is true, perhaps he could bow to the straight jacket before he's put into it!
What is this, the ecclesial version of The Onion?  Unsure
It is.

They have an article regarding a Swede who wins the Nobel Prize after inventing a thicker confessional wall.
(09-12-2013, 10:10 PM)Deidre Wrote: [ -> ]What is this, the ecclesial version of The Onion?  Unsure

Brings a tear to the eye... doesn't it.
Eye of the Tiber is pretty funny on occasion. Pretty much the Catholic version of The Onion.

http://www.eyeofthetiber.com/
This one was my favorite: http://www.eyeofthetiber.com/2012/11/24/...cafeteria/

Quote:To help accommodate the diverse palates of Mater Dei University’s large Catholic student-body, President Jon Heinz has announced plans to build the largest cafeteria in the U.S. The cafeteria, which is tentatively scheduled to be built in the summer of 2014, would eventually replace the university’s main church at the center of campus. The plan was announced in a letter to donors Friday requesting extra funds to help pay for the multi-million dollar project. “Our students, like Catholic students all around the country, like nice, big cafeterias. They’re cafeteria Catholics, if you will. And here they’ll have all the freedom to pick and choose from a vast array of foods.” When asked what types of food the cafeteria planned to serve, Heinz said that the menu would never be set in stone, but rather, would be “ever evolving…like the ever evolving tastes of our students.” “Many of our students these days are so bogged down with their own parties and events that they often don’t have time to sit down and wait as warm meals are prepared for them. Therefore, we’re considering having a large selection of foods that wont take time to heat up. Lukewarm foods that are neither hot nor cold.”

Perfectly skewered, wot wot?
(09-13-2013, 12:48 PM)Philosoraptor Wrote: [ -> ]This one was my favorite: http://www.eyeofthetiber.com/2012/11/24/...cafeteria/

Quote:To help accommodate the diverse palates of Mater Dei University’s large Catholic student-body, President Jon Heinz has announced plans to build the largest cafeteria in the U.S. The cafeteria, which is tentatively scheduled to be built in the summer of 2014, would eventually replace the university’s main church at the center of campus. The plan was announced in a letter to donors Friday requesting extra funds to help pay for the multi-million dollar project. “Our students, like Catholic students all around the country, like nice, big cafeterias. They’re cafeteria Catholics, if you will. And here they’ll have all the freedom to pick and choose from a vast array of foods.” When asked what types of food the cafeteria planned to serve, Heinz said that the menu would never be set in stone, but rather, would be “ever evolving…like the ever evolving tastes of our students.” “Many of our students these days are so bogged down with their own parties and events that they often don’t have time to sit down and wait as warm meals are prepared for them. Therefore, we’re considering having a large selection of foods that wont take time to heat up. Lukewarm foods that are neither hot nor cold.”

Perfectly skewered, wot wot?

Ahhahahahahaha!!! Smile
Maestro Who Conducts Symphony With Back Facing Audience Labelled Radical Traditional

[Image: Orchestra.jpg]

Albuquerque, New Mexico––After conducting his first symphony since being named Maestro of the New Mexico Philharmonic, Chinese-born Li Wei Chen has been under heavy scrutiny from longtime patrons for conducting Beethoven’s famous 9th Symphony while facing the orchestra. One patron, Lance Humphrey, told EOTT that he was offended that Chen did not conduct facing the audience like their old maestro. “Look, I understand that the symphony is still the symphony no matter what, but I just think that turning his back toward us while conducting just takes us back to an archaic time.” Many have reportedly labelled Chen a “Rad Trad,” saying that he was out of touch with mainstream music. Cecilia Cotes, 53, says that it reminds her of times when she would be in music class and would be “whacked on the knuckles with a violin bow.” “It’s completely outdated,” Cotes says. “What we want is Maestro Chen to turn and face us so that we can feel like we’re participating in the orchestral movements. Does that make sense?” At press time, Chen has said that he would not turn to face the people, but would consider allowing a number patrons on stage to turn the pages of the sheet music during concerts.

http://www.eyeofthetiber.com/2013/08/18/...aditional/
Pages: 1 2