FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: First direct attack on V2 at Audio Sancto
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
New sermon.  Phenomenal. 

http://www.audiosancto.org/sermon/201309...an-II.html

Note: this priest is in "full communion"
(09-13-2013, 10:49 AM)onosurf Wrote: [ -> ]New sermon.  Phenomenal. 

http://www.audiosancto.org/sermon/201309...an-II.html

Note: this priest is in "full communion"

He wouldn't be over at CAF  LOL

Seriously though, audiosancto is an excellent website, we listen to a sermon each night at supper time. 

Thanks for the sermon, I will now listen to it.
Well, there is at least one sermon on that website that I've listened two years ago that is nothing but a load of garbage, misunderstanding, and lies.  Shrug

Still, AudioSancto is an excellent source.
(09-13-2013, 11:24 AM)RedCaves Wrote: [ -> ]Well, there is at least one sermon on that website that I've listened two years ago that is nothing but a load of garbage, misunderstanding, and lies.  Shrug

Still, AudioSancto is an excellent source.

I've listened to them all and never heard a direct attack.  Indirect, yes.

Statements like, "load of garbage, misunderstanding, and lies" should be backed up with what was said or the sermon.  I haven't heard lies or garbage, so it would be helpful if you could point them out.  I don't want to swallow poison.
I would prefer to PM you, if that's okay.

Perhaps "Garbage" and "lies" were too strong to use, maybe incorrect words to use.

"Misunderstanding" is more appropriate. Sorry.
I tire of that particular priest’s sermons on Audio Sancto.  If he would spend ½ as much time talking about spiritually uplifting things, or the 4 last things, or other relevant stuff instead of constantly trashing the USA or shooting his mouth off about other things, then he would be actually worth listening to.  All I have ever gotten out of his sermons are 1) hate the USA  2) non-traddyism is sub par 3) married priests are eeevill and will cause the next reformation. 4) Now, VAT 2 = French Revolution.
The voice sounds really familiar.
(09-13-2013, 12:46 PM)AxxeArp Wrote: [ -> ]I tire of that particular priest’s sermons on Audio Sancto.  If he would spend ½ as much time talking about spiritually uplifting things, or the 4 last things, or other relevant stuff instead of constantly trashing the USA or shooting his mouth off about other things, then he would be actually worth listening to.   All I have ever gotten out of his sermons are 1) hate the USA  2) non-traddyism is sub par 3) married priests are eeevill and will cause the next reformation. 4) Now, VAT 2 = French Revolution.

Are we listening to the same audiosancto ?   I enjoy "that priest's" sermons and don't ever recall any of those messages from any of his homilies.   Huh?

The quote about the French Revolution was a direct quote from one of the council fathers and what they thought of the Second Vatican Council.

This is a traditional forum, if you want anything except tradition there is always the CA forum.
(09-13-2013, 01:28 PM)Drover Wrote: [ -> ]The voice sounds really familiar.

It's Fr. Shannon Collins.
He didn't say anything I would strongly disagree with.
I think his quoting then cardinal Ratzinger as stating that the new mass was not organically evolved is important to understanding him as a pope.
He tried every way he knew how to put the Latin mass back in there, and was excessively critical of the rite of exorcism, and pushed hard for the old rite to still be permitted.
It is very important not to think of the traditional mass as 'the old mass'. It is still active and still extremely powerful.
As a kid, I spent a lot of time hanging out with very elderly people so that I could gain from them knowledge and perspective that is lost upon the young. That's the way I view the Latin mass. As a source for wisdom and profound truths that are lost often in the new mass.
I wouldn't ever say that the new mass is totally invalid, but I will say that it depends very much on the priest, just as it did 80 years ago.
But now, the people want the Latin rite. It is the people who want to experience it and learn from it. And now, because it is so rare and is such an effort to be permitted to perform the Latin rite, it has also become difficult to find a Latin rite priest whose intentions are not totally focused on the sacrifice of the mass.

One unsettling thing I'm reminded of is a conversation I had years ago in high school with a friend who was very into Satanism. He said that 'they' are not threatened by the new mass because it isn't a true mass. That has always left a scratching at the back of my brain. Who are 'they' and why
isn't this new mass considered to be valid by outspoken enemies of God?  What have we lost in the new mass that did threaten them?
Pages: 1 2 3 4