FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bp Tobin on HH and abortion: "I'm a little bit disappointed in Pope Francis"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/09...-pope.html

Quote:The other thing I want to say though, is that I’m a little bit disappointed in Pope Francis that he hasn’t, at least that I’m aware of, said much about unborn children, about abortion, and many people have noticed that. I think it would be very helpful if Pope Francis would address more directly the evil of abortion and to encourage those who are involved in the pro-life movement. It’s one thing for him to reach out and embrace and kiss little children and infants as he has on many occasions. It strikes me that it would also be wonderful if in a spiritual way he would reach out and embrace and kiss unborn children.

Many here and elsewhere have indicated a certain level of frustration that Pope Francis has not spoken much on issues such as abortion, gay marriage, homosexuality, etc.  Well, apparently those people are not alone.  Even some bishops appear to be a bit frustrated with this lack of attention from His Holiness on these types of issues. 

Someone's in trouble now... :Hmm:
I'm sure Pope Francis has spoken of these things. The mainstream media chooses not to report on it because they run from the truth.
I read most of His Holiness' Homilies and speeches from the Vatican links. I trust them to be closer to the actual content. And I agree with the Bishop's assessment. Lots of quasi liberation theology, sprinkled with moments of orthodoxy, while dancing around the hard teachings the Church desperately needs in this crisis.
With all charity, I wish His Holiness Pope Francis would Preach the Faith, and leave the Social aspects to others. The Social focus ignores the real crisis of Faith that is leading to the destruction of the Church and the World.
In the church today there is tension between the pro life crowd and the social justice folks. Singleheartedness is good, and I do believe the Lord lays upon the heart of certain people a specific life’s mission to where they devote their entire soul to one endeavor. But most of us don’t work that way. I don’t think the Pope works that way. When he speaks of the oppressed he gives a whole list, lumping “the poor” and “the unborn” somewhere in the middle and it sets people’s teeth on edge. I don't know what outlets you all use, but I hear from the Bishops and the EWTNers a whole lot about the unborn and the dying but zilch about everybody in between. It was nice to hear Pope Francis say, in one of his tweets, "How can we sleep at night when there are people with no health care?"
(09-14-2013, 09:17 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what outlets you all use, but I hear from the Bishops and the EWTNers a whole lot about the unborn and the dying but zilch about everybody in between. It was nice to hear Pope Francis say, in one of his tweets, "How can we sleep at night when there are people with no health care?"

This, indeed.  

Strict Catholic Girl, would you like to have coffee and donuts with me this fine morning?  Here you are.   :coffee: :donut::donut:

(You get two donuts!)

(09-14-2013, 09:32 AM)guacamole Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-14-2013, 09:17 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know what outlets you all use, but I hear from the Bishops and the EWTNers a whole lot about the unborn and the dying but zilch about everybody in between. It was nice to hear Pope Francis say, in one of his tweets, "How can we sleep at night when there are people with no health care?"

This, indeed.   

Strict Catholic Girl, would you like to have coffee and donuts with me this fine morning?  Here you are.   :coffee: :donut::donut:

(You get two donuts!)

Thankyou!!! Make mine 1 glazed, 1 cake with the sprinkles on the icing.  :grin:
(09-14-2013, 09:36 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]Thankyou!!! Make mine 1 glazed, 1 cake with the sprinkles on the icing.   :grin:

You got it.  The crullers are for me.   :)
(09-14-2013, 08:27 AM)Dmorgan Wrote: [ -> ]I read most of His Holiness' Homilies and speeches from the Vatican links. I trust them to be closer to the actual content. And I agree with the Bishop's assessment. Lots of quasi liberation theology, sprinkled with moments of orthodoxy, while dancing around the hard teachings the Church desperately needs in this crisis.
With all charity, I wish His Holiness Pope Francis would Preach the Faith, and leave the Social aspects to others. The Social focus ignores the real crisis of Faith that is leading to the destruction of the Church and the World.

Five.  Gold.  Stars.
Maybe Francis is more of a social justice guy than a pro-life or trad kind of guy. I'm not sure we can even consider him a reformer of the reform.

I pray he will be a Supreme Pontiff kind of guy, considering after all he is the Supreme Pontiff.  :pray:
Pages: 1 2 3