FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Thomas E Woods Jr: The necessity of Latin Mass and tradition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(09-14-2013, 11:40 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: [ -> ]http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/09...g.html?m=1

Thanks. Pax.
Yes, because when you don't have innate respect for the mass, you end up putting up with the crap I have to deal with, like this:
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=related&v=fxj6Fs87fuo

Minus the creepy muppets, and the fact that we have a church with an altar, this is what I'm dealing with. (We got a new feel-good priest...sigh)
Note the total lack of interest the parishioners have in the crucifix, the Eucharist (if you can call it that),and please note the lay woman giving the homily.

Addendum: Richard Dawkins is the same guy who believes human life was 'seeded' by Aliens....because apparently, that's more plausible than God...and that's what passes for intellectualism these days.
It seems that some of us instinctively know what is sacred.  I spend so much time being confused and baffled as to why we must defend our postitions on the EF, being attacked as haters of the NO (which could be done reverently) and others insist on trying to elevate the ridiculous to the same level as an EF of the Mass.  I guess I do on a level understand it.  They just aren't interested in the holy part of things.  Is that it in the end? 
(09-15-2013, 05:48 AM)PurposefulMother Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, because when you don't have innate respect for the mass, you end up putting up with the crap I have to deal with, like this:

Minus the creepy muppets, and the fact that we have a church with an altar, this is what I'm dealing with. (We got a new feel-good priest...sigh)
Note the total lack of interest the parishioners have in the crucifix, the Eucharist (if you can call it that),and please note the lay woman giving the homily.

Addendum: Richard Dawkins is the same guy who believes human life was 'seeded' by Aliens....because apparently, that's more plausible than God...and that's what passes for intellectualism these days.

That video is horrific! Interpretative Dance embedded into the mass, amongst the other abuses observed, is utterly appalling. It is interesting that the ages of most in attendance are definitely old enough to remember the reverence and solemnity of the old mass, yet they all appear at best indifferent to the scene.  Or else it's just resignation. 
(09-14-2013, 11:40 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: [ -> ]http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/09...g.html?m=1

I thought that Benedictine College was very traditional & already had the TLM? So, is there hope that they may get it now? Thanks.
By the way, I looked up to see what their tuition was & cannot find it, does anyone know what their annual tuition is? Thanks.
BC has never had the TLM. There is some hope with the new Abbot, elected in December 2012.

Last I heard tuition, room & board, etc. goes for about $30k/year.
(09-16-2013, 10:01 AM)james Wrote: [ -> ]BC has never had the TLM. There is some hope with the new Abbot, elected in December 2012.

Thanks so much, it seems a bit high. Is it easy to keep the faith by going there? Pax.
(09-16-2013, 07:41 PM)DeoGratias72 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-16-2013, 10:01 AM)james Wrote: [ -> ]BC has never had the TLM. There is some hope with the new Abbot, elected in December 2012.

Thanks so much, it seems a bit high. Is it easy to keep the faith by going there? Pax.

While they do not have the TLM at this time, they have an excellent reputation in recent years for their adherence to Catholic doctrine and for creating a Catholic culture on campus.  You could do far worse in terms of finding an authentically Catholic college than Benedictine.  There have been several articles on them from the Cardinal Newman Society, and they are listed in the Newman Guide. 
(09-15-2013, 05:48 AM)PurposefulMother Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, because when you don't have innate respect for the mass, you end up putting up with the crap I have to deal with, like this:

Dear God I could not even finish the video. At first I thought it was a fake video seeing how ridiculous it seemed. I can't imagine how someone can seriously not find something wrong with that
Pages: 1 2