FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Confession
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a different problem than what you all are used to. I know of a person who went to confession where the lines were so long that he wasn't able to get to confession. This has gone on for two weeks now. Is there an ammount of time that someone should stand in line without being able to get to confession where they could go to Holy Communion?
Can't you make an appointment?
(09-17-2013, 12:29 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]This is a different problem than what you all are used to. I know of a person who went to confession where the lines were so long that he wasn't able to get to confession. This has gone on for two weeks now. Is there an ammount of time that someone should stand in line without being able to get to confession where they could go to Holy Communion?

No. What Dark Lancer said.
(09-17-2013, 12:30 AM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]Can't you make an appointment?
There was no one available to make an appointment with.
Call the rectory.  Where there's a will, there's a way.
(09-17-2013, 12:30 AM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]Can't you make an appointment?

I second that choice as well. But also, can you try to make it confession an hour early or more before it starts? That way, you can be the first, second, or third person in confession. I am aware that doing a confession can take a lot of time and I tried this method at every confession. 
Is confession offered during mass? Most traditional parishes will have confession available during mass, provided it has enough priests.
A good problem to have  :)

Most parishes have 3-4 people on any given Saturday and only offer confession for 1/2 hour once a week (and by appointment).

How can a parish of say, 3,000 people get their spiritual needs satisfied with so limited time available for confession ?  Sadly, this is pretty much the norm where I live (New England).

I second the advice of others here to get to the scheduled confession time early so you're one of the first penitents  in line (I do this myself).

Also, check around with other traditional minded folks in your area, as they're sure to know many available priests who are generous with their confession schedule.

I found a nice parish only about 20 minutes away where the priest hears confessions every day before daily Mass, what a blessing this to have confession available so often.
out of curiosity, why is it that most Churches seem to only offer regular confession Saturday morning? Is it too hard to have one close to a mass time? That seems like the logical time if possible to me?
(09-17-2013, 11:44 AM)Strategos7771 Wrote: [ -> ]out of curiosity, why is it that most Churches seem to only offer regular confession Saturday morning? Is it too hard to have one close to a mass time? That seems like the logical time if possible to me?

So you'll behave the rest of Saturday, so you can receive worthily on Sunday ?  :LOL:

Here (New England) most parishes have the Saturday confession time 1/2 hour before the Saturday afternoon vigil Mass.
Pages: 1 2