FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope Francis's Phone Calls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Media reports about a few unexpected phone calls placed by Pope Francis to ordinary Catholics have captured the world’s attention. But a Vatican official reports that the Pontiff actually makes such calls quite often.

Msgr. Dario Vigano, the director of the Vatican Television Center, told the Italian journal Famiglia Cristiana that he had spoken with the Pontiff about the calls that had drawn media attention. “Good thing they don’t know about all the ones I have made!” the Pope responded.

The Pope makes personal calls routinely, Msgr. Vigano reports—mentioning that the Holy Father called him to wish him a happy birthday. Pope Francis says that he has always reached out to people by phone, and does not plan to change his practice.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=19060

Apparently there are even more phone calls than has been reported. Pope Francis could be making a call to you.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Msgr?  I thought that is to be outlawed.  ???  :grin:
so the guy i thought was one of the jerky boys prank calling me was actually the holy father.

oops.  :blush:
I confess to having mixed feelings about Pope Francis's style. On one hand he does get a lot of press which brings a lot of attention to the Church, which is a good thing as I remember Pope Benedict never getting the same amount of air time. On the other hand I can't help feeling uncomfortable with the personalism of Pope Francis's reign, perhaps its my protestant background but I can't help feeling uncomfortable when I see the level of praise he receives on Catholic Answers and how every action is examined and glorified. I suppose thats the irony by design or accident that the actions of humbleness bring the most fame and acclaim  :grin:.
Edited because to suggest the Pope was wrong via internet message board was speculation at best. Any personal attacks against him were sinful. Also any arguments or personal attacks against other posters was unacceptable

I apologize for to the Pope, the Church, the Bishops, Priests, Clergy, Cardinals, any and all organizations or individuals, and any posters in this thread for any sins of Gossip, Detraction, Calumny, and/or Slander caused by this post and others in the thread or Fisheaters.com as well as any other sins committed such as scandal , and any sins others fell or might fall into by reading them as a result.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.
I agree I kind of think as a Monarch that Governs with divine right our Holy Father should be more aloof and mysterious, symbols matter and appearances matter, not everyone is capable of looking past all this stuff and still seeing that. You know if reminds me not a little (and sorry for this comparison) to what evangelicals have done to Christ, making him their buddy and their friend. As one pastor put it "I don't want a buddy I want a God" and in This case I can't help feeling the same.

(09-17-2013, 12:35 PM)Drover Wrote: [ -> ]What worries me about this type of stuff is what happens if the next Pope doesn't copycat Francis.

"Well Francis didn't stay at the Papal Apartments."

"Well Francis didn't drive a nice car."

"Well Francis washed the feet of Females."

"Well Francis didn't wear the Papal Tiara."

And on and on and on and on. The Pope will be made to be seen as less Holy.

I like fatherly Popes. The world needs fathers badly. I think it's especially important now for priests and Bishops and Popes to see themselves as Fathers. But I wish the Pope would make those calls while wearing the tiara, etc.
I agree and I feel like he blurs the line a bit between Father and Buddy sometimes.

(09-17-2013, 01:05 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]I like fatherly Popes. The world needs fathers badly. I think it's especially important now for priests and Bishops and Popes to see themselves as Fathers. But I wish the Pope would make those calls while wearing the tiara, etc.
(09-17-2013, 01:05 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]But I wish the Pope would make those calls while wearing the tiara, etc.

it could double as a cell phone tower, right, vox clamantis?  :idea:
(09-17-2013, 01:17 PM)guacamole Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2013, 01:05 PM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]But I wish the Pope would make those calls while wearing the tiara, etc.

it could double as a cell phone tower, right, vox clamantis?   :idea:

Yes! And a place to hide snacks!
Pages: 1 2