FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: October 13, Fatima
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Apologies if this has been addressed, I've been away for a while. What do you guys think Pope Francis will do on October 13? Can we expect him to consecrate Russia by name? What do you expect this will achieve?

I'm fascinated by Fatima, but most online resources come across a little nutty. But maybe that's what the truth looks like to a 21st century mind.
It's good to see you again Loggats. I was wondering where you were.

I am happy about the October 13th consecration. I don't think he'll mention Russia by name. However he might mention Syria, Egypt, or any country in the Middle East. Or maybe the whole Middle East. God knows they need it. 
I think SGC is pretty much right. I can't see him consecrating Russia by name.

tim
Ok why was Russia never specifically consecrated? I don't really get it people periodically ask about it at Catholic Answers before being banned for insulting the Pope. The whole, we consecrated the world and that counts seems like a cop out to me. Would it be that hard to just do it and put the whole thing to rest? Or was it done already, I found the answers very confusing?
Strategos, here's another FE thread on Fatima with three videos all about it.

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...cseen.html

tim
thanks will watch after work

(09-17-2013, 01:10 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]Strategos, here's another FE thread on Fatima with three videos all about it.

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...cseen.html

tim
Pius XII and Paul VI both individually consecrated Russia to the Immaculate Heart.

Later, John Paul II said, after consecrating the whole world and speaking on behalf of the world's bishops united with him in this act:

"In a special way we entrust and consecrate to you those individuals and nations which particularly need to be entrusted and consecrated."

Russia would  be included as one of those nations and would therefore be consecrated.

The controversy exists because while the original apparitions appear only to ask that the Pope consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart, a letter of Sr. Lucia to Pius XII says the consecration must be done collegially and with "the special mention for Russia."

So, Russia has certainly been consecrated multiple times and in multiple ways, but Pius XII and Paul VI did not do it collegially and John Paul II's clause above is argued to not suffice as a "special mention for Russia."
Ok why don't they just do it exactly as listed and put the whole thing to rest once and for all?

(09-17-2013, 01:27 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: [ -> ]Pius XII and Paul VI both individually consecrated Russia to the Immaculate Heart.

Later, John Paul II said, after consecrating the whole world and speaking on behalf of the world's bishops united with him in this act:

"In a special way we entrust and consecrate to you those individuals and nations which particularly need to be entrusted and consecrated."

Russia would  be included as one of those nations and would therefore be consecrated.

The controversy exists because while the original apparitions appear only to ask that the Pope consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart, a letter of Sr. Lucia to Pius XII says the consecration must be done collegially and with "the special mention for Russia."

So, Russia has certainly been consecrated multiple times and in multiple ways, but Pius XII and Paul VI did not do it collegially and John Paul II's clause above is argued to not suffice as a "special mention for Russia."
(09-17-2013, 01:31 PM)Strategos7771 Wrote: [ -> ]Ok why don't they just do it exactly as listed and put the whole thing to rest once and for all?

(09-17-2013, 01:27 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: [ -> ]Pius XII and Paul VI both individually consecrated Russia to the Immaculate Heart.

That, my friend is the $1,000,000 question. Theories abound but we really do not know. One can speculate all day long but, in the end, it is unclear to us.  The mystery that surrounds Fatima is so thick and there are so many opinions it is hard to see through the swamp of information. Tim seems to be the among the most knowledgeable, if not the most knowledgeable, fellow around here on the matter. In the end, though, it is a mystery. I think we shouldn't be quick to just assume that the Popes are simply disobedient to Our Lady's command or that they don't care about it, or anything such as this. I think that is an oversimplification of the issue that treats the subject on merely human terms. Who knows what is in the mind of the Popes?

Pray for the Holy Father, that he may have the courage, in the face of evil, whether borne from diabolical or human influence, to do the Consecration.
Unless they are afraid Our Lady will take offense by doing it again? or something like that. I don't see why not just do it and make sure its done properly beyond reasonable doubt would be an issue, ok even lets say worst case scenario Fatima is wrong it would be respecting our Blessed Mother and bringing a blessing to a country that could use it, its like taking a spiritual multi-vitamin no downside.
Pages: 1 2 3 4