FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Okay so about that Fish Eaters convention.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Now the idea was floated around I think a couple of weeks ago and though I have not heard anything either way on weather or not it will happen I would like to make a few requests.

1. That it be held at "fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada."

For one thing I have not been back for over a year (far too long) and plus if its good enough for the USCCB then it should be good enough for Fishys.

2. Drinks should be complementary.

Free alcohol is always good. I mean what are we Baptists... don't tell my wife I said that.

3. No wifes... unless part of the community.

If it is Vegas, why would I bring my wife? I would like to have "some" fun. Oh yeah, don't tell my wife.

That's all I can think of at this point. Any suggestions? feel free.
(09-17-2013, 02:18 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]That it be held at "fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada."

Ugh.

Why?  Because what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas?

Most of us are introverts.  We're not into glitz, blaring lights and lots of bling.  It's overstimulation.  Being with other people is already too much stimulation after awhile.

Seriously, Vegas is the antithesis of a good time for me.  I vote for someplace more sedate and with more history. 
Quote:Drinks should be complementary.

There is no such thing as a free lunch or a free drink.  Where is the money coming from?
Quote:No wifes... unless part of the community.

You know, some people here are actually women.  You know, chicks.  With husbands, not wives.

I guess your post is a joke.  If it is, then  :shrug:.
(09-17-2013, 02:25 PM)guacamole Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2013, 02:18 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]That it be held at "fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada."

Ugh.

Why?  Because what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas?

Most of us are introverts.  We're not into glitz, blaring lights and lots of bling.  It's overstimulation.  Being with other people is already too much stimulation after awhile.

Seriously, Vegas is the antithesis of a good time for me.  I vote for someplace more sedate and with more history. 
Quote:Drinks should be complementary.

There is no such thing as a free lunch or a free drink.  Where is the money coming from?
Quote:No wifes... unless part of the community.

You know, some people here are actually women.  You know, chicks.  With husbands, not wives.

I guess your post is a joke.  If it is, then  :shrug:.

You are right I am being a sexist pig.

You can now read that as "no spouses" or "significant others" unless part of the community. Better?  :grin:
(09-17-2013, 02:34 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]You are right I am being a sexist pig.

You can now read that as "no spouses" or "significant others" unless part of the community. Better?  :grin:

Yes, but now I'm shocked that you were actually serious.   :Hmm:

Actually, I would like to meet JayneK's husband.  I have some suggestions for her continued training.  :laughing:
I've been to Vegas.  Vegas sucks.  My parents love it, though, but they only play bingo and they like to drive out of Vegas with their rental car and look at tourist gift shops in places that exist just for the purpose of making money off of tourists.

The FE convention should be in Westerly, Rhode Island or thereabouts.  Bring a TLM priest who is prepared to hear Confessions and say Mass.
(09-17-2013, 02:36 PM)guacamole Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2013, 02:34 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]You are right I am being a sexist pig.

Yes, but now I'm shocked that you were actually serious.   :Hmm:

Actually, I would like to meet JayneK's husband.  I have some suggestions for her continued training.  :laughing:

Okay fine, you can bring your spouse or significant other, but that doesn't mean I have to... don't tell my wife.
(09-17-2013, 02:42 PM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]I've been to Vegas.  Vegas sucks.  My parents love it, though, but they only play bingo and they like to drive out of Vegas with their rental car and look at tourist gift shops in places that exist just for the purpose of making money off of tourists.

The FE convention should be in Westerly, Rhode Island or thereabouts.  Bring a TLM priest who is prepared to hear Confessions and say Mass.

There is already a TLM in Vegas and yes shops exist to make money  ??? okay...

I like Vegas for the culture.
(09-17-2013, 02:46 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2013, 02:42 PM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]I've been to Vegas.  Vegas sucks.  My parents love it, though, but they only play bingo and they like to drive out of Vegas with their rental car and look at tourist gift shops in places that exist just for the purpose of making money off of tourists.

The shops I'm talking about just sell souvenirs and T-shirts with dirty slogans and pictures on them.  They exist only to part money from tourists.  This is all new to you, huh?

I've never been to Vegas. I guess I'd like to experience it once. The "free drinks" part sounds nice. But I still vote for Indianapolis, the "Crossroads of America" and FE HQ.
(09-17-2013, 03:04 PM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2013, 02:46 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]

The shops I'm talking about just sell souvenirs and T-shirts with dirty slogans and pictures on them.  They exist only to part money from tourists.  This is all new to you, huh?

Its not that I didn't know that they existed, I just don't see the outrage, I mean if somebody is dumb enough to buy that stuff then, why shouldn't there be somebody smart enough to take their money?
Pages: 1 2 3