FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Catholic link to share
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-19-2013, 02:02 AM)candyapple Wrote: [ -> ]One of my favs

http://calendar.ageofmary.com/

The whole site is amazing!!!

http://www.ageofmary.com/
May God bless the author or authors of this website for choosing to place the good information present on it. Generally speaking it is a great resource for authentic Catholic information. The criticisms of the Novus Ordo as well as some other content found on the site I cannot agree with and would dissuade others from reading, believing, or disseminating. This does not automatically invalidate the hoards of good content however. They do not appear to be using the '62 calendar, if anyone who is interested cares about this kind of thing.
On a side-note, I doubt, despite the fact that it provides information extremely critical of the New Mass, that the site is SV-friendly, as it offers audio of HH Bl. John Paul II praying the Rosary in Latin for its viewers to download and pray along with our late Holy Father. I say this not to start a SV debate (may we all be spared form thisĀ  LOL), but just so everyone knows what they're getting themselves into.
(09-19-2013, 02:39 AM)IVSTINIVS Wrote: [ -> ]They do not appear to be using the '62 calendar, if anyone who is interested cares about this kind of thing.

Given the fact that they do not give the rank of feasts it's difficult to know what specific Calendar, if any, they are using.
(09-19-2013, 06:26 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2013, 02:39 AM)IVSTINIVS Wrote: [ -> ]They do not appear to be using the '62 calendar, if anyone who is interested cares about this kind of thing.

Given the fact that they do not give the rank of feasts it's difficult to know what specific Calendar, if any, they are using.

Agreed, at least partially. I agree that it's pretty hard to tell which of the possible remaining calendars they are following other than the 1962. It's hard to see, but they do actually provide the feast rank. It's kind of hidden and easy to miss. Look just above the little illustration of the calendar with the number of today's date. For example, today's feast (St. Januarius, 19 Sep) they give as ranked Double (Minor). This isn't a distinction possible in the '62. It is very hard to notice.

They only provide three weeks of the calendar at a time: the current week, and the weeks before & after. From a few contexts clues we can learn that they aren't using the '62: such as the fact that they have the Nativity of Mary & the 7 Sorrows outrank the Sunday they fall on.

So, because of this, yes, one can definitively rule out the '62. Now one may want more context clues from the calendar from portions of it not given at this particular time in September to learn whether or not, this is say, for example, the General Calendar of '54. From my (limited) knowledge of the subject I would actually assume that it is the '54, since I think the very next year, HH Ven. Pius XII, ensured that most Sundays of Our Lord were not generally super-ceded by feasts.
If I'm not having another senior moment that's Charlesh's work, a long time FE'er. I doubt he says anything which is not factual concerning the new Mass, considering having read his comments for the past years.

tim
(09-19-2013, 10:20 AM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]If I'm not having another senior moment that's Charlesh's work, a long time FE'er. I doubt he says anything which is not factual concerning the new Mass, considering having read his comments for the past years.

tim

I thought the owner was a Fishie, but my 'senior moment' was a total inability to recall who! LOL
Thank you fishie Smile