FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Her Account Was Hacked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Francesca Chaouqui, who was appointed in July to the committee chosen by Pope Francis to suggest reforms of the Vatican financial affairs, has charged that “moles” were responsible for controversial messages on her social-media accounts.

Chaouqui became the focus of criticism in August, when Vatican journalists called attention to Twitter and Facebook comments in which she had described Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone as corrupt, said that Pope-emeritus Benedict has terminal leukemia, and charged that a prominent Italian politician is homosexual.

After nearly a month of silence, Chaouqui responded to the criticism in an interview with the Italian magazine Panorama. She said that her Twitter comments had been doctored, and her Facebook profile stolen, to create the controversy. Chaouqui pointed out that the comments in question appeared just after the time of her nomination to the new papal commission.

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/head...ryid=19091

So, she says her account was hacked. I wonder by whom? and why?
It's a terrible thing to have an account hacked, and I know this is not responding to the OP's question, but this story reminds us hopefully of two things:

(`1) not to rely on sensationalistic-sounding stories about the Holy See until such are verified.  Maybe it's best to rely instead on breathing space between a headline or social media message, and corroborating sequels from dispassionate sources,

(2) not to further speculate (gossip) on what has not been verified.

I guess, then, to me it almost doesn't matter "by whom" it occurred.  Could be for apolitical reasons (someone getting their thrills) or for nefarious purposes, but I maintain that it's a warning about how many unreliable sources of "information" there are out there.

A common phrase from "journalists" these days (especially the broadcast variety) is to say, "My information says...."  (Often, that's a rumor, or an unverified source.)
I think we can all agree the media has a slant whichever side you read or see. But with the other news posted here on FE, where a "bunch" of then Cardinal Bergolio's priests are sexual deviates preying on the poor, it appears it's gone to the next level. I think the Pope Benedict XVI scandal where his papers were sent to the media to cause scandal shows this clearly. Bishop Williamson so called "holocaust denial case" is another.  I believe the enemies are moving in for the kill.

tim
(09-19-2013, 07:43 AM)Miriam_M Wrote: [ -> ]It's a terrible thing to have an account hacked, and I know this is not responding to the OP's question, but this story reminds us hopefully of two things:

(`1) not to rely on sensationalistic-sounding stories about the Holy See until such are verified.  Maybe it's best to rely instead on breathing space between a headline or social media message, and corroborating sequels from dispassionate sources,

(2) not to further speculate (gossip) on what has not been verified.

I guess, then, to me it almost doesn't matter "by whom" it occurred.  Could be for apolitical reasons (someone getting their thrills) or for nefarious purposes, but I maintain that it's a warning about how many unreliable sources of "information" there are out there.

A common phrase from "journalists" these days (especially the broadcast variety) is to say, "My information says...."  (Often, that's a rumor, or an unverified source.)

The photo was enough to have her dismissed from the position in my opinion. We can't continue to tolerate even the appearance of top character.
(09-19-2013, 08:54 AM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]I think we can all agree the media has a slant whichever side you read or see. But with the other news posted here on FE, where a "bunch" of then Cardinal Bergolio's priests are sexual deviates preying on the poor, it appears it's gone to the next level. I think the Pope Benedict XVI scandal where his papers were sent to the media to cause scandal shows this clearly. Bishop Williamson so called "holocaust denial case" is another.  I believe the enemies are moving in for the kill.

tim
Yep, looks like the jackals are circling...

All they'd have to do is hack her email account that's attached to her accounts. Then it's a free-for-all.

I'm also wondering how many 'papal documents' actually come from the popeHuh? Some of them don't even sound like his style of writing or speech, so I have to wonder. I believe it was Paul VI who said his authority ended at his apartment door. Seems to be truer now than it was then.