FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: How Does The Church Spend Our Dollar?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm curious to know if any of you are aware of a report that breaks down how the Church spends the money from the collections plate. I'm particularly interested how much of the money is used for the local parish vs how much is used outside (e.g. other churches, organizations, etc)
You should be able to ask your parish secretary for a print out of funds allocation.
We get a quarterly report mailed out to us, but if you don't, you should be able to get it from the parish secretary, no problem.
We have an annual report for parish finances.  The lion's share pays for liturgical supplies, heating, utilities, the priest's salary and insurance, and property insurance.  We often have a second collection for church renovation, which is for exactly that.

There is something called the cathedraticum which is the tax on the parish's income for the maintenance of the diocese and its schools, services, and charities.  I'm not sure what the percentage is, but I guess it's taken off the top.  My diocese operates some schools, soup kitchens, a nursing home, some kind of Haitian ministry with a school and other things there, and a bunch of other things.