FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Stabbed in the back - who feels the same?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
I feel well and truly stabbed in the back - betrayed by this Pope. I am angry and bitter. During the reign of Pope Benedict XVI I, a long-time supporter of the SSPX, regained confidence in the Church, and ended up burning bridges with the sspx by promoting Summorum Pontificum in my diocese - with some success, as we now have twice-weekly TLM in my diocese thanks to the motu proprio. In consequence I encountered hostility, lies, name-calling and anger from the local sspx. Two of my children were baptised by their uncle in the old rite - and my wife's immediate family  boycotted both baptisms as they were not sspx - with the vocal support of the sspx. In consequence, I distanced myself from the sspx, which I had come to see as cultish...at great personal cost.
On a very personal note, my wife and I have seem almost unique in our part of the world in adhering to Catholic doctrine on contraception...wehave as a result had 5 children when virtually everyonbe has at most 3. Moral support? Almost none. I also battle with same sex attraction.
Now this 'Bishop of Rome' in effect spits on my loyalty to the church, to the Holy See and to church doctrine. The latter seems unimportant and mny sacrifices and battles were unnecessary.
I. Want. This. Papacy. To. End. Now.
Big hugs!! Try not to feel too badly Tridentinist. I don't think this Pope is stabbing you in the back. Do you read the front page of the FishE website and the latest "tweets" from Pope Francis? They are inspirational and wise, imo. Just what you and I need.  I'm so glad Vox is posting those.
Ah, thanks SCG. Thank you for the encouragement. I am so down right now. You are always an inspiration with your calmness and charity. No, I had not seen those tweets/posts and will start looking at them right now. I need a sense of proportion I guess. Thanks again and God bless you.
(09-28-2013, 09:20 AM)tridentinist Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, thanks SCG. Thank you for the encouragement. I am so down right now. You are always an inspiration with your calmness and charity. No, I had not seen those tweets/posts and will start looking at them right now. I need a sense of proportion I guess. Thanks again and God bless you.

When we feel overwhelmed, it's good to step back and breathe. Just try to look at the big picture. Keep your eyes on Jesus and know that everything works for God's glory. I know that's hard sometimes. We all have crosses to bear, but you'll be fine. God bless you too, my friend. 
That's so true, SCG. We do not know God's plan...but in the meantime we have to trust in Him. Take care.
I feel stabbed in the front, actually.  It's a pretty direct attack, in my view.  I have been personally offended by priests before, but never by a Pope.
:O
(09-28-2013, 08:57 AM)tridentinist Wrote: [ -> ]I feel well and truly stabbed in the back - betrayed by this Pope. I am angry and bitter. During the reign of Pope Benedict XVI I, a long-time supporter of the SSPX, regained confidence in the Church, and ended up burning bridges with the sspx by promoting Summorum Pontificum in my diocese - with some success, as we now have twice-weekly TLM in my diocese thanks to the motu proprio. In consequence I encountered hostility, lies, name-calling and anger from the local sspx. Two of my children were baptised by their uncle in the old rite - and my wife's immediate family  boycotted both baptisms as they were not sspx - with the vocal support of the sspx. In consequence, I distanced myself from the sspx, which I had come to see as cultish...at great personal cost.
On a very personal note, my wife and I have seem almost unique in our part of the world in adhering to Catholic doctrine on contraception...wehave as a result had 5 children when virtually everyonbe has at most 3. Moral support? Almost none. I also battle with same sex attraction.
Now this 'Bishop of Rome' in effect spits on my loyalty to the church, to the Holy See and to church doctrine. The latter seems unimportant and mny sacrifices and battles were unnecessary.
I. Want. This. Papacy. To. End. Now.

(0_o)

Don't take this the wrong way, but your last line sort of reminded me of this scene:
Tridentinist,

Let me say that I am very very very worried about this Pope. And it is true also that a lot of his words are being manipulated by the media. Still, he is letting the media do this by a lot of ex tempore remarks and 'spontaneous' behavior. I know how you feel, to a certain extent.

However, I cannot help but feel that the knives in your back seem to have been placed there by sspx trads. To hear your story, you were getting stabbed in the back left, right and centre during the reign of BXVI, by sspx, and family and friends, people who had no right to treat you uncharitably for trying to spread traditional Catholicism in the world. This is exactly the sort of behavior that is in fact cultish and you should feel happy that you are not tied to "friends" who, feigning Catholicism, would treat you with such disdain, not even because you were abandoning the Faith (which would still have been inexcusable on their part), but because you were promoting the same Faith that they claim to hold dear and are in fact, by their behavior, helping to destroy.

Fact: the Truth shall set you free. You did the right thing. Hold your head up high, and let hyenas bark as they may. There are hyenas in trad groups as well as in the Vatican. Ignore them all the know that your way was the way of the Saints, true charity, in trying to bring the best to the most. Please trust me on this. Ignore them all, whoever they are, and whatever you hear coming out of the Vatican that sounds off. It is a totally modern phenomenon, this business of the laity hearing or even caring about what Popes say. God bless you!
I feel stabbed in the back by this Pope  >:(

"....I was asked to give interviews and I always knew the questions in advance. They concerned the ordination of women, contraception, abortion and other such constantly recurring problems. If we let ourselves be drawn into these discussions, the Church is then identified with certain commandments or prohibitions; we give the impression that we are moralists with a few somewhat antiquated convictions, and not even a hint of the true greatness of the faith appears. I therefore consider it essential always to highlight the greatness of our faith – a commitment from which we must not allow such situations to divert us. ”

How dare he turn away what so many faithful have worked hard over the last 40-years. This 'pope' was nothing like Pope Benedict, as least Benedict would never say anything like this.....

...........except everything this Pope said was from Pope Benedict XVI in November of 2006, because these were his words.

I use this as an example to point out that while Pope Francis is most certainly not like Benedict (Francis is a Jesuit, guaranteed he will not be as interested in the TLM as Benedict was) he certainly is not the heretic the mouths of Satan seek him out to be. The Church is in a state of crisis and Satan would love nothing more than for you to lose faith and despise the Vicar of Christ and His Bride.

Let your peace be not disturbed, pray, pray, pray! For Holy Father and the Church....She desperately needs us in this hour. Delve deeper in the Faith and pray, fast, pray, fast and pray!

I do not feel stabbed in the back but I do not feel understood either.  I do not think that Pope Francis gets trads, at least not all the good stuff about us.  He does seem to have noticed the negative aspects of traditional Catholicism.  I miss the sympathy and understanding shown by Pope Benedict.

But I do not think that my feelings have any bearing on the loyalty and obedience that I owe to Pope Francis. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16