FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: CAF Thread- The liturgy and how its celebrated
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I just wanted to share a thread that I started not too long ago in Catholic Answers Forums http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=825733

I started it discussing different things that I prefer about how the liturgy is celebrated and things that I don't prefer

Now the thread has generalized more so into different things regarding the liturgy.

I think it would be good for different people from Fish Eaters to help contribute to the thread and add your own insight and opinions

Quote:There should be no reason to feel uneasy about things which the Church permits. Not liking them is one thing, but uneasiness implies there is something being done which is wrong, and what is permitted is not wrong.

Take some time and find out what is permitted and what is not, and do not think the OF of the Mass and it's legitimate practices are somehow inferior to the EF. That is against Church teaching.

Well. If this is one of the first replies I am not going to read on  :tiphat:

LOL @ against Church teaching.

Give it up, poor Arturo! Bring the trads you find over there to this place and relax your weary head. Take the energy you'd be using to fight those guys and use it to get TLMs going in your area, help your priest, teach RCIA classes, engage in acts of charity, post interesting threads HERE (that's one of the things I need most here -- more, interesting threads!), read Sacred Scripture, pray, play some games with your family -- anything but beat your head against a wall.

Ya know, that's precisely how FE got started:  I used to do online apologetics in voice, using software called "PalTalk." I'd set up a room and answer folks' questions about Catholicism. The nastiness, the accusations from Prots (I was called -- literally -- a "whore of Babylon" numerous times), the misconceptions that were always the same -- I said to myself, "ya know, t'heck with this. I will make a website that has all the answers in one place, and people who REALLY want answers -- instead of just wanting to beat up on a Catholic -- can go to it and get 'em and I can stop putting myself in the position of being a punching bag every night." And so I did. I still get beat up on sometimes (see the transgendered thread LOL), but doing this has paid off INCREDIBLY in terms of souls brought to the Church Herself and to Tradition also.
I, too, was wearied by reading the first bits of that thread.  If they wanted to see the Truth they would see it.  I felt sorry for the OP knowing what he had in store.  My prediction proved correct, and why is it always necessary for the CAF crowd to defend everything with "it is allowed."  Always makes me think of Bishop Sheen saying, "If no one is doing it and it is right, it is still right.  If it is wrong and everyone is doing it, it is still wrong."  Not an exact quote, but you get the point.  CAF makes me want to vomit.  I don't know why I even looked at their site yesterday.  I guess I never learn.  :crazy:
(10-01-2013, 11:31 AM)Gidge Wrote: [ -> ]My contribution :

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.ph...st11256032

She has responded to you, and called you "Gidget,"  LOL.  :grin:
She also has a consistent history on CAF of despising the traditionalism in which she was raised.
(10-01-2013, 01:28 PM)Miriam_M Wrote: [ -> ]She also has a consistent history on CAF of despising the traditionalism in which she was raised.

That's sad that she despises the liturgies of her youth, I find this to be the case with many elderly, they love the NO and were glad when it changed to the vernacular.

Here's more :

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.ph...st11256494

...any bets on how long this thread will last ?  :LOL:
(10-01-2013, 01:59 PM)Gidge Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2013, 01:28 PM)Miriam_M Wrote: [ -> ]She also has a consistent history on CAF of despising the traditionalism in which she was raised.

That's sad that she despises the liturgies of her youth, I find this to be the case with many elderly, they love the NO and were glad when it changed to the vernacular.

Here's more :

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.ph...st11256494

...any bets on how long this thread will last ?   :LOL:

Correct! I have noticed (and been surprised) that so many elderly women love the hippie church antics. The weirdest looks and responses to anything trad related come from the pantsuits.

And being banned from CAF was in the top 10 happiest days of my life (and I have 4 kids so you can fill in the other 5 spots). I can't even click on the posted links. What a relief!!
I remember a discussion there about a year ago about whether parents could teach their children to receive Communion on the Tongue instead of the hand. Insane. The people there claimed that because it was "allowed," parents could not teach their children to receive on the tongue. At best, you could tell your kids that this is the way that you receive and let them make their own mind.

(10-01-2013, 03:26 PM)GenevieveW Wrote: [ -> ]I remember a discussion there about a year ago about whether parents could teach their children to receive Communion on the Tongue instead of the hand. Insane. The people there claimed that because it was "allowed," parents could not teach their children to receive on the tongue. At best, you could tell your kids that this is the way that you receive and let them make their own mind.

Communion in the hand is a scourge on Holy Mother Church and should be avoided/discouraged at all costs (Glad I'm on FE and will not be banned for speaking my mind).

Fr. Z did an experiment with unconsecrated hosts and you would not believe the amount of particles left behind.

Our Lord is present body, blood, soul and divinity in even the tiniest of particles from the sacred species -- how does the manhandling of the Eucharist NOT cause scandal (IIRC, the document permitting this abuse allowed it if and only if it did not cause scandal) ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4