FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The pope's Interview in La Repubblica
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I believe if the children are catechized properly as in the basics, then their consciences are formed rightly, and then they can go to become better. Most people couldn't give two shits what happens elsewhere. There is data showing the top one fourth of rich Democrats in the US, give zero to the poor sick et al.

tim
"There is no Catholic God" 

Here I was thinking that Jesus Christ was our High Priest. 
(10-01-2013, 09:28 AM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: [ -> ]"There is no Catholic God" 

I wouldn't criticise this at least. He meant that God is God of all, not only of Catholics.
After that interview all I could think of is "time to abandon ship."

So wait if conversion is non-sense then what this new talk about the "new evangelization?" He makes no sense. I can only assume that he is playing with the athiest telling him what he wants to hear being sneaky like St Paul on Mars hill. However I think he goes too far.

There you go thinking again. Just let the modernists do it for you – it's easier...
(10-01-2013, 09:30 AM)PolishTrad Wrote: [ -> ]

I wouldn't criticise this at least. He meant that God is God of all, not only of Catholics.

As with many things he says, its impossible to tell what he meant. 
(10-01-2013, 09:35 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]After that interview all I could think of is "time to abandon ship."

So wait if conversion is non-sense then what this new talk about the "new evangelization?" He makes no sense. I can only assume that he is playing with the athiest telling him what he wants to hear being sneaky like St Paul on Mars hill. However I think he goes too far.
Maybe he's against proselitysing in the sense of converting somebody without their actual realisation of what's going on. If this editor is a fierce atheist, he must know all the arguments that the Church uses to preach the faith. I don't think there's anything more to do if he doesn't want to believe save showing him that we live according to our faith and doing good.

What 'ruined my day', as I wrote earlier, was mostly Francis' opinion on Catholics' dealing with politics. And his 'anti-clericalism'.
Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.
Oh wait, his words are being twisted!!

What a terrible Pope and leader his Holiness is. Beyond terrible; and the owners of the extra thick rose colored glasses can not do one thing to change that.

(10-01-2013, 08:39 AM)Strategos7771 Wrote: [ -> ]Your probably right, I tend towards the thesis that some people are naturally good, more naturally evil but that most people are inherently neutral and formless with no will of their own and can be made to do pretty much anything extremely easy and are thus far more susceptible to evil then good.

(10-01-2013, 08:28 AM)Melchior Wrote: [ -> ]At a precursory glance, I think something that separates Pope Francis from others is that he's got a bit of Rousseau in him - in the sense that within a vacuum, people are inherently good.  That if they follow their conscious, they'll do fundamentally good things.  In the process of people doing this and doing good things, they'll be more open to evangilization.  Not proselytism, which isn't the same as evangelism.  The former is something that fiery fundamentalist Baptists do from soap boxes.  The latter is something like what Francis & Dominic would do.

It's a concept I stumbled across on TV Tropes of all places ( http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Ma...auWasRight ).  

Rousseau believed that without a social contract (ie; within a vacuum), people would default to what amounts to a childlike innocence.  This is in direct contrast to Hobbes, of course.  Pope Francis obviously believes that everyone has that inherent innocence, and if one listens to said innocence the world would be a better place.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10