FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The pope's Interview in La Repubblica
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(10-01-2013, 10:11 AM)Melchior Wrote: [ -> ]It's a concept I stumbled across on TV Tropes of all places ( http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Ma...auWasRight ).  

Rousseau believed that without a social contract (ie; within a vacuum), people would default to what amounts to a childlike innocence.  This is in direct contrast to Hobbes, of course.  Pope Francis obviously believes that everyone has that inherent innocence, and if one listens to said innocence the world would be a better place.

Ya I have always had a Hobbian view of humanity, I tend to believe without civilization most people would rapidly revert to depravity. I still think there are a certain percent of people maybe 10% who have such a strong sense of right that they can't be corrupted merely by environment. But broadly speaking I have a negative view of humanity. I am not a Calvinist though I think people myself included generally make their bad decisions freely.

My issue with Hobbes is I don't think a totalitarian state would work because you would be giving absolute power to the same corrupt human beings. But I digress.
My prediction Pope Francis will cause the largest swell in traditionalist circles of any Pope as the conservative/EWTN type embrace Tradition and abandon Pope-worship.
(10-01-2013, 11:56 AM)StMichael929 Wrote: [ -> ]My prediction Pope Francis will cause the largest swell in traditionalist circles of any Pope as the conservative/EWTN type embrace Tradition and abandon Pope-worship.

Did they really gain prominence under Benedict because if so I could see why, whatever his flaws I think you could count on him to be cautious and reasonable.
Any speculation or interpretation or argument or disagreement on Pope Francis interviews or comments as well as Father Z's commentary was unhelpful, possibly sinful on my part, and sinful or scandalous for others.

I apologize and retract any sinful statements against both of them and apologize for any sins such as Gossip, Detraction, Calumny, and Slander, scandal committed, any any instances created by other people viewing the comment previous comment.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.
I agree with His Holiness about the need to combat the evil of unemployment and the euthanasia culture.....these are evils, just like usury that is sadly ignored as other ones receive a spotlight. As a youth, that unemployment is just crushing. The usurious debt we taken on and were promised (don't tell me I should have known better, I didn't become Catholic until my last year of college) that a good job would come along to pay it off hasn't come. This has been the worst market since the Great Depression and we're not seeing much improvement. We need help and hope.

Other than that, I stop agreeing with His Holiness. Cardinal Martini was a supporter of same-sex unions and limited use of contraception. I am disturbed, but now, not surprised by this interview. All I can do is hope (that's all I have left now) that Holy Father is just pulling a ruse to distract the modernists for something big in Rome.

Idk, all I can do is hope.  :((
(10-01-2013, 12:23 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]All I can do is hope (that's all I have left now) that Holy Father is just pulling a ruse to distract the modernists for something big in Rome.
While himself promoting their ideas?
Fr. Cekada predicted something like this would happen at the beginning of October.
(10-01-2013, 12:28 PM)Geremia Wrote: [ -> ]Fr. Cekada predicted something like this would happen at the beginning of October.

Any speculation or interpretation on Pope Francis interviews or comments was unhelpful, possibly sinful on my part, and sinful or scandalous for others.

Also going to take the moment to apologizes for any comments that may have tolerated Sedevacantist ideas.

I apologize for the above and retract any sinful statements and apologize for any sins such as Gossip, Detraction, Calumny, and Slander, scandal committed, any any instances created by other people view the speculative part of the comment.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.
(10-01-2013, 12:28 PM)Geremia Wrote: [ -> ]Fr. Cekada predicted something like this would happen at the beginning of October.

Good for Mr. Cekada, but he's still outside communion with the Church.
Couldn't a Catholic medium (I don't really know too many foreign, maybe Michael Voris?) try to interview the pope and ask about all these ambiguities? At least we would have clarity.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10