FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The pope's Interview in La Repubblica
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(10-01-2013, 12:41 PM)PolishTrad Wrote: [ -> ]Couldn't a Catholic medium (I don't really know too many foreign, maybe Michael Voris?) try to interview the pope and ask about all these ambiguities? At least we would have clarity.

I have a feeling he only does interviews with left leaning outfits like 'America" or "La republicca"
Then perhaps Michael Voris could wear this?
(10-01-2013, 12:46 PM)PolishTrad Wrote: [ -> ]Then perhaps Michael Voris could wear this?

Apparently that will do the trick.
There's a third possibility, by the way:

(1) clueless
(2) cunning
(3) unconcerned

Putting all of his statements together (since election), I vote for # 3.  Doesn't mean I approve of it or excuse it.  I just think that, sadly, he is unconcerned about:

~divisions within the Church, including growing interest in schism and affiliations with such movements
~the power of the immoral and amoral secular world relative to weakly formed modern Catholics
~whether the Church does or does not speak with a consistent voice in the modern world
~mainstreamed and unopposed heterodoxy within the Church
(10-01-2013, 12:57 PM)Miriam_M Wrote: [ -> ]There's a third possibility, by the way:

(1) clueless
(2) cunning
(3) unconcerned

Putting all of his statements together (since election), I vote for # 3.  Doesn't mean I approve of it or excuse it.  I just think that, sadly, he is unconcerned about:

~divisions within the Church, including growing interest in schism and affiliations with such movements
~the power of the immoral and amoral secular world relative to weakly formed modern Catholics
~whether the Church does or does not speak with a consistent voice in the modern world
~mainstreamed and unopposed heterodoxy within the Church

I would agree that he does not care about the same things that trads typically care about or have the same priorities that we do.  Nor has he shown any signs of wanting to reach out to us.  But it is a big leap to get from this to claiming that he is a heretic and other comparable opinions I'm seeing expressed out there.

This is not a "trad-friendly" pope.  Our task, therefore, is to determine how we can best grow in holiness under these circumstances.
Francis Wrote:I believe in God, not in a Catholic God, there is no Catholic God
Indifferentism on steroids.
I'm grateful that Pope Francis didn't directly follow Blessed John Paul II as Pope in 2005. If he was elected back then, there would be no SP, Ordinariates or revised English translation of the Pauline missal. A lot less Catholics would have access to the TLM. As of now the TLM still seems to be slowly growing in the dioceses and parishes.
(10-01-2013, 01:50 PM)demoslider Wrote: [ -> ]I'm grateful that Pope Francis didn't directly follow Blessed John Paul II as Pope in 2005. If he was elected back then, there would be no SP, Ordinariates or revised English translation of the Pauline missal. A lot less Catholics would have access to the TLM. As of now the TLM still seems to be slowly growing in the dioceses and parishes.

Pope Benedict XVI probably create SP to be a ground-up movement, precisely because he knew how powerful the Masonic and homosexual mafias were inside the Church and he knew the Conclave would royally mess up after him.

Eh, at least we don't have Pope Dolan.
(10-01-2013, 01:52 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]Pope Dolan
Pope Daniel Lytle Dolan? :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10