FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: The pope's Interview in La Repubblica
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
(10-01-2013, 01:52 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2013, 01:50 PM)demoslider Wrote: [ -> ]I'm grateful that Pope Francis didn't directly follow Blessed John Paul II as Pope in 2005. If he was elected back then, there would be no SP, Ordinariates or revised English translation of the Pauline missal. A lot less Catholics would have access to the TLM. As of now the TLM still seems to be slowly growing in the dioceses and parishes.

Pope Benedict XVI probably create SP to be a ground-up movement, precisely because he knew how powerful the Masonic and homosexual mafias were inside the Church and he knew the Conclave would royally mess up after him.

Eh, at least we don't have Pope Dolan.

God I miss him, people think I am crazy for respecting him more than JPII or Francis, but while you can argue he didn't go far enough he certainly did try and he certainly never accepted relativism or ceased combating the other intellectual evils of the modern age
I was never big on the idea that God was punishing His Church because of the abdication,,, however after these events I must reconsider it seems as a matter of fact that is what God is indeed doing.
I was kind of hoping Arinze would win, from what I heard he correctly or not he was very conservative on theological and moral issues, also I thought it would be harder for the media to slam an African in the way they did Benedict.
Quote:Eh, at least we don't have Pope Dolan.

What's wrong with bishop Dolan? I hear he's rather traditional
[Image: dolanseated.jpg]

:pipe:
(10-01-2013, 02:10 PM)Strategos7771 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2013, 01:52 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2013, 01:50 PM)demoslider Wrote: [ -> ]I'm grateful that Pope Francis didn't directly follow Blessed John Paul II as Pope in 2005. If he was elected back then, there would be no SP, Ordinariates or revised English translation of the Pauline missal. A lot less Catholics would have access to the TLM. As of now the TLM still seems to be slowly growing in the dioceses and parishes.

Pope Benedict XVI probably create SP to be a ground-up movement, precisely because he knew how powerful the Masonic and homosexual mafias were inside the Church and he knew the Conclave would royally mess up after him.

Eh, at least we don't have Pope Dolan.

God I miss him, people think I am crazy for respecting him more than JPII or Francis, but while you can argue he didn't go far enough he certainly did try and he certainly never accepted relativism or ceased combating the other intellectual evils of the modern age

I remember the day Francis was elected. After class, I went to the library and talked about it with some acquaintances. I told the group that I though Benedict XVI was better that his predecessor. The look on a girl's face and the awkward silence was priceless!
Wow some people are out-of-touch. Nooo I don't mean the obscure bishop His Excellency Daniel Dolan...I mean His Emience Timothy Cardinal Dolan....as in:

[Image: AP-Photo-Oct-18-2012-Alfred-E.-Smith-Mem...Obama.jpeg]

^^^^ This Guy ^^^^
(10-01-2013, 08:28 AM)Melchior Wrote: [ -> ]At a precursory glance, I think something that separates Pope Francis from others is that he's got a bit of Rousseau in him - in the sense that within a vacuum, people are inherently good.  That if they follow their conscious, they'll do fundamentally good things.  In the process of people doing this and doing good things, they'll be more open to evangilization.  Not proselytism, which isn't the same as evangelism.  The former is something that fiery fundamentalist Baptists do from soap boxes.  The latter is something like what Francis & Dominic would do.

If he thinks that in a state of nature people are fundamentally good he is a heretic, because this denies original sin.

And you hit the nail on the head - all modernists deny original sin
(10-01-2013, 03:05 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-01-2013, 08:28 AM)Melchior Wrote: [ -> ]At a precursory glance, I think something that separates Pope Francis from others is that he's got a bit of Rousseau in him - in the sense that within a vacuum, people are inherently good.  That if they follow their conscious, they'll do fundamentally good things.  In the process of people doing this and doing good things, they'll be more open to evangilization.  Not proselytism, which isn't the same as evangelism.  The former is something that fiery fundamentalist Baptists do from soap boxes.  The latter is something like what Francis & Dominic would do.

If he thinks that in a state of nature people are fundamentally good he is a heretic, because this denies original sin.

And you hit the nail on the head - all modernists deny original sin

You sound like someone talking about total depravity.
Three initial reactions:
1. Like JMartyr said: Holy crap
2. Not everything that he says is crazy, though some of it sounds, not so much evil as just . . . straight-jacketish. . .
3. The one thing this man has is the one thing I wish BXVI and JPII had: cojones. He says it like he sees it and he does as he sees fit. That is how a Pope is supposed to be. Mind you, if he is nutty, well . . . you get what we have. But there was so much hope placed on BXVI, God's Rottweiler, and in the end, well, his bark was worse than his bite. This current Pope seems to be God's crazy mongrel. But he has a pair.
(10-01-2013, 03:57 PM)maldon Wrote: [ -> ]Three initial reactions:
1. Like JMartyr said: Holy crap
2. Not everything that he says is crazy, though some of it sounds, not so much evil as just . . . straight-jacketish. . .
3. The one thing this man has is the one thing I wish BXVI and JPII had: cojones. He says it like he sees it and he does as he sees fit. That is how a Pope is supposed to be. Mind you, if he is nutty, well . . . you get what we have. But there was so much hope placed on BXVI, God's Rottweiler, and in the end, well, his bark was worse than his bite. This current Pope seems to be God's crazy mongrel. But he has a pair.

I don't know Pope-Emeritus Benedict XVI showed some balls with his letter to the atheist....far more hard-hitting than Francis.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10