FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Consecration of Russia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For those that don't believe that there is a 'period of peace' in the world,  as Our Lady promised, Lets try emailing the president of Russia and asking HIM to ask the Holy Father. His email is below...

http://eng.letters.kremlin.ru/

well....sent mine....
:P
:)
You are not the first person to suggest contacting Putin to ask him to ask the Pope to consecrate Russia as requested by OL of Fatima. As a former Orthodox, I am ironically amused by the idea. Putin is attempting to build a strong Russian State under his dictatorship. To that end, he is skillfully using the Russian Orthodox Church under its Hierarchs. Why would he do something like what you're suggesting that would alienate almost all Russian Orthodox laity and probably, at least, 95% of the Hierarchy of the ROC? Hatred for Catholicism runs deep in Orthodoxy, not just in Russia. Many of my Serbian Orthodox acquaintances stopped speaking to me when I left that Church to become a Catholic. If Putin wants to do the one thing guaranteed to alienate the bulk of Orthodox believers, let him approach the Roman Catholic Church and ask for the Consecration.
Fine, but the Love for Our Lady is strong in Russia.....It's a gift from Heaven, not an insult by the west.
(10-03-2013, 03:40 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]You are not the first person to suggest contacting Putin to ask him to ask the Pope to consecrate Russia as requested by OL of Fatima. As a former Orthodox, I am ironically amused by the idea. Putin is attempting to build a strong Russian State under his dictatorship. To that end, he is skillfully using the Russian Orthodox Church under its Hierarchs. Why would he do something like what you're suggesting that would alienate almost all Russian Orthodox laity and probably, at least, 95% of the Hierarchy of the ROC? Hatred for Catholicism runs deep in Orthodoxy, not just in Russia. Many of my Serbian Orthodox acquaintances stooped speaking to me when I left that Church to become a Catholic. If Putin wants to do the one thing guaranteed to alienate the bulk of Orthodox believers, let him approach the Roman Catholic Church and ask for the Consecration.

I have it on good authority that the average Russian would welcome such a thing......so, please stop.
There are at least three reasons that Orthodox object to consecration of Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary:

1.  The Orthodox do not agree with our teaching on original sin.  As a consequence, they do not believe in the Immaculate Conception, which is premised on that dogma.  To the extent that the Immaculate Heart devotion implicates the dogmas of original sin and the Immaculate Conception, they find it theologically objectionable.

2.  The Orthodox say that it is an abuse to venerate the hearts of Our Lord or Our Lady.  They teach that it is a Western distortion.

3.  The Orthodox do not accept the notion that "Holy Russia" needs to be converted via the Roman Catholic Church.  They believe that it is the mission of the Russian Church to convert the world.

I was Orthodox and can assure you that they would mention, at least, these three points in opposition to the consecration.
(10-03-2013, 04:15 AM)HowieDoin Wrote: [ -> ]I have it on good authority that the average Russian would welcome such a thing......so, please stop.

I'd be curious to know what your 'good authority' is. A believing, Catholic-hating Russian Orthodox or a self-appointed expert? And why should I stop telling the truth? To instruct the ignorant is one of the Spiritual Works Of Mercy! :)

If you want the Consecration done, Our Lady told us what to do. Do penance and get down on your knees and say Her Rosary!
Vladimir Putin the new Father Grunner asking the Pope to consecrate Russia    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Pages: 1 2