FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Obama 'hugely impressed' by Pope Francis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Scary. From politico.com:

Obama 'hugely impressed' by Pope Francis
By JENNIFER EPSTEIN |
10/2/13 4:36 PM EDT

President Obama has been “hugely impressed” by Pope Francis’s public statements.

It’s “not because of any particular issue” but because “he seems somebody who lives out the teachings of Christ,” Obama said in an interview Wednesday with CNBC.

Pope Francis has “incredible humility, an incredible sense of empathy to the least of these, to the poor,” the president said. “And he's also somebody who's, I think, first and foremost, thinking about how to embrace people as opposed to push them away, how to find what's good in them as opposed to condemn them.”

The pope has made recent comments arguing that the Catholic Church should focus on more than just a few hot-button social issues. In an interview last month, he said he “cannot insist only on issues related to abortion, gay marriage and the use of contraceptives.”

I don't think there is a worse sign possible.
(10-03-2013, 07:15 AM)Strategos7771 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there is a worse sign possible.

Ditto!
Obama "hugely impressed with Jesus".

Better start getting rid of Jesus!
Who cares what he thinks !!

tim
This only goes to show how far the Holy Father is "misunderstood".

I truly hope that all this is just a bait and switch on the part of the Holy Father and any time now, he will begin to teach as a Roman Catholic....
Ummmm, I'm pretty shure Barack has no idea what the teachings of Christ are. Barry needs to shut his mouth.
(10-03-2013, 07:15 AM)Strategos7771 Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think there is a worse sign possible.

It certainly isn't good.
I can't pretend to know the mind of the pope but this is what I think

Do realize that His Holiness Pope Francis is just days away from consecrating the world to the Immaculate heart of Mary on October 13. I am sure much of this actions are done as bait for the liberal media. But hopefully after the consecration of the world to the Immaculate Heart of Mary pope Francis will flip the cards around and be not anything close to what he is doing now.

Also realize that Pope Francis in the beginning of his pontificate started talking about spiritual warfare and such.

All I know is that this pontificate plays in a unique way. Let's just hope that it is a good play and he knows what he is doing. Many actions of this pope have caused some stir and confusion like the interviews his given and other actions have given delight such as excommunicating the dissident priest.

I will put my faith in Holy Mother Church
Just another daily example of a liberal using the media image of the pope to advance their own agenda.

Media image of Pope Francis DOES NOT = the real Pope Francis.
Pages: 1 2