FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Catholics and Circumcision
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Has anyone had a son circumcised and then regretted it? Does any man here regret having been circumcised himself? Why would you circumcise, if you would?

The FE page on circumcision: http://www.fisheaters.com/circumcision.html

I voted no.

If I had a son (and I won't) I would not do it.  I don't think it's horrible, like Melkite does, but it's unnecessary and moderately harmful.

Speaking of which, here's this from the JTA:

Israel: European anti-circumcision motion ‘fosters hate’
October 4, 2013 6:38am

(JTA) — Israel called on the Council of Europe to rescind a resolution which is “fostering hate” by equating non-medical circumcision of boys with female genital mutilation.

“This resolution casts a moral stain on the Council of Europe, and fosters hate and racist trends in Europe,” Israel’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs wrote in a statement Friday. “We call on the Council of Europe to act without delay in order to annul it.”

The resolution in question was part of a report which the parliamentary assembly of the Council of Europe passed on Oct. 2. The Council of Europe is the continent’s main human rights body. Its resolutions are non-binding.

Entitled “Children’s Right to Physical Integrity,” the report called non-medical circumcision of boys a “violation of the physical integrity of children” and mentioned it along with female genital mutilation.

“Any comparison of this tradition to the reprehensible and barbaric practice of female genital mutilation is either appalling ignorance, at best, or defamation and anti- religious hatred, at worst,” the ministry said.

Israel rarely condemns motions by the Council of Europe or other institutions that do not concern it directly.

“Claims that circumcision harms young boys’ health and body are false, and do not rest on any scientific evidence,” the statement said.

Several European Jewish groups have condemned the resolution, including Milah UK and the European Jewish Congress.

Read more: http://www.jta.org/2013/10/04/news-opini...z2hXpKneeL

I voted no. We're Catholic, not Jewish or Muslim; there is no medical reason for it; not circumcising makes sex more pleasurable for both man and wife; it's painful; the Biblical rite of circumcision is VERY different from the Pharisaic version of circumcision in use today; I think God made the male body just fine, thank you, etc.
Hell no.
There can be medical justifications in cases where the foreskin wont retract due to a variety of issues in which case circumcision would be an acceptable medical requirement.  But that is solely in the case of adults that can make the decision on their own.  And personally the idea of a quick cut and a few weeks discomfort is much more a pleasurable thought than the stretching practises that are sometimes proscribed...
I was circumcised and I'll have my boy circumcised. I will because there are medical benefits to it and I would prefer to have my boy avoid anything that could be a problem later in his life and no a better orgasm is not a good enough excuse to shun this procedure, in-fact many men who were circumcised as adults saw either an improvement in their orgasm or no difference. So I'd rather have my boy avoid the risks of HPV and penile cancer.
no need for it baring specific case by case left to the parents/adult.

the ritual around circumcision may have changed, but im pretty sure the operation itself is the same, though medical technology may have changed.

cleaning yourself regular can solve most of the reasons why folk would say "circumcise"  I realize there is a self cleaning mechanicsm, but there is no excuse these days to not clean yourself- man or woman.  (well, if your in the middle of the jungle) but...
(10-12-2013, 06:43 PM)medievalman86 Wrote: [ -> ]no need for it baring specific case by case left to the parents/adult.

the ritual around circumcision may have changed, but im pretty sure the operation itself is the same, though medical technology may have changed.

The operation itself has changed RADICALLY since Old Testament times. The FE page on circumcision -- linked to in the OP -- talks about that. What Jesus went through, for ex., is not even close to what baby boys go through now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17