FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: H.H. Pope Francis on the Mass
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"The translation of Missals into English has “helped to form the prayer of countless Catholics, but have also contributed to the understanding of the faith, the exercise of the common priesthood and the renewal of the Church’s missionary outreach, all themes central to the teaching of the Council,” Francis told members of the International Commission on English in the Liturgy (ICEL), who attended an audience with the Pope in the Vatican this morning.  The audience marked the 50th anniversary of the Commission’s establishment."

http://vaticaninsider.lastampa.it/en/the...sco-28740/

I cannot help but wonder which Parish this would apply to? Since 90% of the Parishes I attend, both at home and when traveling, show little signs of missionary outreach, considering all the grey heads at mass; and rarely, if at all touch on any of the foundational aspects of the Faith. I really believe this Orwellian doublespeak is becoming bizarre. H.H. Pope Benedict acknowledged the crisis in both catechesis and the Liturgy. Now we are right back to the "everything is peachy" attitude we had in the 80's and 90's. All the while, Parishes are being shuttered due to lack of attendance.  How long Lord? Huh?
I love our Holy Father but he always seems to be preaching for or against a caricature of something, and so I have no clue what he's referring to at times too.
He was praising ICEL at the same time that the FSSP was offering its 25th Anniversary Mass. If i remember they came into existence because they wanted to stay loyal to the papacy. Where was the return loyalty of the Pope yesterday
If anything, the new English translation pushed people away from my church.  Our priest was new to the parish at the time and had a difficult accent which also turned people away.

We've gone months with very low collections.