FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: A list of communities celebrating the TLM throughout the world
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This might be a great resource for anyone looking to become affiliated with a religious community as a layperson (third order, oblate, etc.) or for anyone discerning a vocation to the religious life who has an attraction to the TLM or other Traditional Rites. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communities...ntine_Mass

There are more and more communities showing up in France, which is awesome considering the devastation that has taken place there in regards to the Faith.  These communities could be setting the stage for the future restoration of what was lost. 
(10-19-2013, 04:15 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: [ -> ]This might be a great resource for anyone looking to become affiliated with a religious community as a layperson (third order, oblate, etc.) or for anyone discerning a vocation to the religious life who has an attraction to the TLM or other Traditional Rites. 

There are more and more communities showing up in France, which is awesome considering the devastation that has taken place there in regards to the Faith.  These communities could be setting the stage for the future restoration of what was lost. 

That's nice but how accurate is it? I always wonder about Wikipedia.

C.
(10-19-2013, 07:08 PM)Cetil Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2013, 04:15 PM)Sant Anselmo Wrote: [ -> ]This might be a great resource for anyone looking to become affiliated with a religious community as a layperson (third order, oblate, etc.) or for anyone discerning a vocation to the religious life who has an attraction to the TLM or other Traditional Rites. 

That's nice but how accurate is it? I always wonder about Wikipedia.

C.

It seems pretty up to date from what I can tell.  The Benedictine community at Wisques just started last week and they have them on there.  I imagine the page is run by someone who actually cares about the TLM and will probably do a good job of it.  In addition, its not like you are getting medical advice from the page or anything, its pretty easy to click the link and find out if they are telling the truth. 
It said that the Carthusians were revised in 1981 doesn't that eliminate them from this list?
(10-19-2013, 08:36 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]It said that the Carthusians were revised in 1981 doesn't that eliminate them from this list?

I suppose it depends on what they revised.  It could be as simple as updating their calendar of saints.  Its their rite, so I suppose they get to update it as they see fit.