FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Priest/Pastor's desecration during Mass last week...Pope Francis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well, my Pastor loves Pope Francis and constantly quotes him.  Fundamentally, Father has seemed to strongly
identify with the "Pastoral approach" (propounded by Pope Francis and some Bishops) of preaching
"God's love and mercy" while neglecting or even rejecting the commandments and morality, whereas I believe
we need both.

Anyway, last weekend at Sat Vigil Mass, Father had a little booklet he said was similar to "cliff notes" on Scriptural
and Church Teachings that are apparently used by many homilists for Mass.

Shockingly, he started quoting the Church Catechism on Salvation, particularly about being in a "state of grace at
the time of death", etc., then he physically tore that page out of the booklet, crumpled it up and tossed it away on
the floor, far away from the podium, and said, "That's what I think about that."

While he says, "I get the Catechism," and, "Like Pope Francis, I'm a son of the Church,"  he basically said that the
Catechism Subject quoted "is not what's it's all about", but "God's love and mercy", not rules and such.  He said
some people have "that contract like view of the Church", believing that, if they "keep my commandments" and receive
the Sacraments, they "deserve" to go to Heaven, etc.  He said, "That's fine and all," but basically intimated that they
were deceived.

Essentially, one might say it's extreme, Pope Francis like, liberalism of the Pastor to preach that "God is love" and you
really don't have to keep the commandments or teachings/doctrines, his physical repudiation (what I call desecration)
of the Catechism (at least part of it, but in making a point, all of it) was quite shocking.  I'm sure he meant it to be too.

Frankly, it scandalized me.  I submit that this is an evil heresy to suggest that repentance and obedience aren't necessary, thus accepting everybody just the way they are (even if immoral),.

Now, to his credit, he pointed to the crumpled ball of Catechism quotation on the floor and said, "You CAN pick that up if you want,"
which is kind of like the recent double-speak of Pope Francis on the controversial issues, essentially saying, "Don't preach Catholic Doctrine", just be loving and accepting of everybody, while hedging and saying, "But, it's Church Doctine that you have to believe, follow this".

It's basic heresy with a double-speak hedge saying, "You CAN believe Church Teaching/Doctrine if YOU want," but, "I'm saying that's not what gets you to Heaven/Eternal Life".

Anyway, with the scandal of Obama being "hugely impressed" with Pope Francis and Pope Francis summing his views up by saying, "I've never been a right-winger" (read Orthodox/Traditional) and causing liberals in the Priesthood to come out
and preach these things, I simply ask that you, my brother and sisters, pray for the Church and the Magesterium.

You picked up the torn page, didn't you?
Vote with your feet and find a new parish. 
Time to get out of Dodge. Is there a TLM or Eastern rite you can go to?
Did you contact the bishop?
(10-30-2013, 06:31 PM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]Did you contact the bishop?

LOL
(10-30-2013, 05:36 PM)bsroufek Wrote: [ -> ]Well, my Pastor loves Pope Francis and constantly quotes him.  Fundamentally, Father has seemed to strongly
identify with the "Pastoral approach" (propounded by Pope Francis and some Bishops) of preaching
"God's love and mercy" while neglecting or even rejecting the commandments and morality, whereas I believe
we need both.

Anyway, last weekend at Sat Vigil Mass, Father had a little booklet he said was similar to "cliff notes" on Scriptural
and Church Teachings that are apparently used by many homilists for Mass.

Shockingly, he started quoting the Church Catechism on Salvation, particularly about being in a "state of grace at
the time of death", etc., then he physically tore that page out of the booklet, crumpled it up and tossed it away on
the floor, far away from the podium, and said, "That's what I think about that."

While he says, "I get the Catechism," and, "Like Pope Francis, I'm a son of the Church,"  he basically said that the
Catechism Subject quoted "is not what's it's all about", but "God's love and mercy", not rules and such.  He said
some people have "that contract like view of the Church", believing that, if they "keep my commandments" and receive
the Sacraments, they "deserve" to go to Heaven, etc.  He said, "That's fine and all," but basically intimated that they
were deceived.

Essentially, one might say it's extreme, Pope Francis like, liberalism of the Pastor to preach that "God is love" and you
really don't have to keep the commandments or teachings/doctrines, his physical repudiation (what I call desecration)
of the Catechism (at least part of it, but in making a point, all of it) was quite shocking.  I'm sure he meant it to be too.

Frankly, it scandalized me.  I submit that this is an evil heresy to suggest that repentance and obedience aren't necessary, thus accepting everybody just the way they are (even if immoral),.

Now, to his credit, he pointed to the crumpled ball of Catechism quotation on the floor and said, "You CAN pick that up if you want,"
which is kind of like the recent double-speak of Pope Francis on the controversial issues, essentially saying, "Don't preach Catholic Doctrine", just be loving and accepting of everybody, while hedging and saying, "But, it's Church Doctine that you have to believe, follow this".

It's basic heresy with a double-speak hedge saying, "You CAN believe Church Teaching/Doctrine if YOU want," but, "I'm saying that's not what gets you to Heaven/Eternal Life".

Anyway, with the scandal of Obama being "hugely impressed" with Pope Francis and Pope Francis summing his views up by saying, "I've never been a right-winger" (read Orthodox/Traditional) and causing liberals in the Priesthood to come out
and preach these things, I simply ask that you, my brother and sisters, pray for the Church and the Magesterium.

Your pastor doesn't get Pope Francis. He has said we should follow commandments not because they are commandments but because they are the commandments of JESUS. This is what Pope Francis is talking about to quote him directly: "A commandment is valid if it comes from Jesus: I do this because the Lord wants me to do this. But if I am a Christian without Christ, I do this and I don’t know why I have to do it.”
Our observance of the commandments should not be a sterile one but one that is done out of fidelity to Christ! Your pastor needs to read this whole talk of Pope Francis: http://www.news.va/en/news/pope-francis-...christians

C.
(10-30-2013, 06:50 PM)OldMan Wrote: [ -> ]

LOL

LOL
(10-30-2013, 08:12 PM)The Tax Collector Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-30-2013, 06:50 PM)OldMan Wrote: [ -> ]

LOL

LOL

LOL
Your profile says you are in Florida like me.there are tons of TLMs scattered across this great state of ours but maybe there's none near where you are in Gulf Breeze. Are you in the Panhandle? We have everything from SSPV and independent chapels to Eastern Rite,SSPX and FSSP around where I live in North Central Fl. If you need help finding something better PM me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4