FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope Francis's New Ferula
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Speculation, attacking, or suggesting the Pope was wrong. There is nothing to suggest he did anything wrong here or that there was anything wrong with the Ferula.

I apologize for any sins of Gossip, Detraction, Calumny, and/or Slander caused by this post, as well as any other sins committed such as scandal , and any sins others fell or might fall into by reading it as a result.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.
(11-01-2013, 07:20 PM)lumine Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2013, 07:06 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: [ -> ]Your thoughts Sr Wendy?  :nun:

:)

Watch out who you call Sr. Wendy, Chrissie tulsa    :love:

That was a compliment. Sr Wendy is great.
(11-01-2013, 07:34 PM)Drover Wrote: [ -> ]The poster mentioning it doesn't look right because the metal doesn't contrast well is correct. What's troubling is the false dichotomy that may be presented here:

"Resurrection Church" = Good
"Crucifixion Church" = Bad

What posts says this? 
(11-01-2013, 07:38 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: [ -> ]

Ok, I am showing my ignorance...who is Sr. Wendy?
I think it's butt ugly. I guess I'm just ultra conservative and traditional when it comes to things like this. I don't care for the mixing of the Crucifixion/ Resurrection in one piece. The so called risen Christ on the Cross is something one tends to see at deeply modernist parishes.I've seen them at both Eastern and Western Rite churches and is kind of like when a priest says "sisters and brothers" or "humankind", it's often associated with the worst of post Conciliar Catholicism...
This ferula is truly hideous.  It has no unity; it looks thrown together.  The corpus does not match the cross.  It looks like Our Lord is on fire.  It's a portable resurrexifix.  It's in very bad taste.

And yes, that's how I really feel.  I just returned home from a beautiful Solemn High Mass.  This is the first thing I saw when I turned on my iMac.  Now I have the liturgical bends.
I don't like it either, I wonder what the background story is, i.e., who made it, etc.

C.
It reminds me of the attempt by N.O. Catholics to replace crucifixes with the cross/resurrected Christ emblem.  That being said, I'm not impressed.
(11-01-2013, 08:03 PM)lumine Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-01-2013, 07:38 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: [ -> ]

Ok, I am showing my ignorance...who is Sr. Wendy?

Only the most entertaining art critic on TV!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendy_Beckett 
Speculation, attacking, or suggesting the Pope was wrong. There is nothing to suggest he did anything wrong here or that there was anything wrong with the Ferula.

I apologize for any sins of Gossip, Detraction, Calumny, and/or Slander caused by this post, as well as any other sins committed such as scandal , and any sins others fell or might fall into by reading it as a result.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son,
and to the Holy Spirit,
as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
world without end. Amen.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6