FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Maria Simma and the Souls in Purgatory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope that all readers did attend the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass on All Souls Day to pray for those of the Church Suffering!  And, as we are able to do so, we should strive to seek plenary indulgences every day to offer as expiation for these same souls.  This means daily Mass and regular confession, at least every two weeks as well as prayers for the Holy Father, and doing an indulgenced act such as spending time at the Blessed Sacrament, the Rosary, or Stations of the Cross to name a few.  To do these things is a great spiritual act of mercy.
-------------
http://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2013/1...ls-in.html

Visits from the Holy Souls in Purgatory –The life of the Austrian Mystic, Maria Simma (1915-2004)

By: Glenn Dallaire

Excerpt:  Some important things that the holy souls have taught her over the years:

The holy souls have repeatedly told her that the greatest help for them that they can obtain from those here on earth is the offering of holy Mass. Next to the Mass, the holy Rosary and the Stations of the Cross are very beneficial to them.  Any sacrifice we make--even the smallest ones-- offered specifically for them have a great value in the eyes of God, and greatly lessen their sufferings and time in purgatory.  The poor souls have told her that even the smallest prayer or sacrifice is like giving a cool glass of water to a parched sojourner travelling in the driest desert. 
Everyone has the power to free 1000 souls from the Purgatory when one recites the St Gertrude's prayer:
"Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen."
I have chosen to say that prayer since many years while the priest consecrates the wine during the mass.
(11-02-2013, 05:03 PM)maso Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone has the power to free 1000 souls from the Purgatory when one recites the St Gertrude's prayer:
"Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the universal church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen."
I have chosen to say that prayer since many years while the priest consecrates the wine during the mass.

Thanks.
(11-02-2013, 05:03 PM)maso Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone has the power to free 1000 souls from the Purgatory when one recites the St Gertrude's prayer:

Thank you very much for the prayer.  Can we liberate the 1000 souls at any time or just at the Consecration?

This is an undocumented pious tradition and has never been Vatican-approved, ever.

Think of how hard it is to obtain a plenary indulgence, which releases one soul from purgatory: freedom from attachment to sin, even venial.. sacramental confession.. communion.. prayers for the Holy Father's intentions.. an indulgenced act.

There's nothing lost by praying St Gertrude's prayer, but I think that folks serious about obtaining the release of souls from purgatory should focus on church-approved indulgences: attend daily Mass, join the rosary confraternity, pray the rosary daily, go to confession every two weeks.

I think probably St Gertrude's prayer probably only applied to herself, at a specific point in time. If it applied to everyone, I'd be shocked that the Vatican has always withheld its approval from such an amazing super-indulgence of 1,000 souls based on a single prayer that has no other requirements.