FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Lots of Threads about the Pope
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
His ears must be ringing.

There have been so many threads about Pope Francis, I wonder if itd be enough for a separate subforum or something.

My take is we are all naturally curious about the new pope. While we shouldnt focus on his personality, but on his official words and actions, all the Pope Francis talk suggests to me that people know the papacy is critical for restoring all things to Christ.
Right now I count 9 on the first page alone, not including this one.
(11-14-2013, 06:47 PM)christulsa123 Wrote: [ -> ]There have been so many threads about Pope Francis, I wonder if itd be enough for a separate subforum or something.

Maybe.

Quote:My take is we are all naturally curious about the new pope. While we shouldnt focus on his personality, but on his official words and actions, all the Pope Francis talk suggests to me that people know the papacy is critical for restoring all things to Christ.

IMO, many of the threads go beyond being curious, and some seem to be grasping for justification for (what's the right word?) disobedience? schism? sed? That's my impression, anyway.
I think if we had Pope Radtrad instead of Pope Francis, he'd be a little more popular with some people on FE.
Sometimes I wonder if Jesus would be trad enough for some. 
Yeah I think some threads about the pope go too far. Our SSPX pastor last Sunday, when preaching against sins against the 8th commandment--Though shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor--spent a significant amount of time reminding us not to gossip about the pope. Basically he said that while we may criticize actions or words of the pope, when done charitably at the proper time, we must stop short of judging the man and his intentions.

If the amount of critical threads about Papa Francis is not excessive, and we avoid gossip and judging the pope as a person, then it is worthwhile to discuss the pope.

God bless our Holy Father, the Vicar of Christ. We must love him for who he now is, the head of the visible Church on Earth.
Currently 78.6% of threads in the first page of this subforum are about the pope.

Pope on a rope!  Get your pope on a rope!

71.4% now.  Its an improvement.  Smile
Of course you're gonna get a lot of talk about Papa Francesco... Yesterday late morning I was at the Bar Caffè, (on the immediate outskirts of Rome) that had a TV going... Papa Francesco was on his way to visit the President (90 year old Napolitano)... The place was fairly packed with patrons of all social extractions. When they saw he was in a Ford Focus - man alive did THAT get the comments going. In the Pontificate of Benedetto there was hardly ever a peep.

He's in the papers everyday... and even the butt of comedy spoofs (mostly about his impromptu phone calls) and  help to poor people.

[Image: 0.jpg]

Here is popular Comedian Crozza playing Francesco who after a phone call with a lady complaining that her refrigerator had broken down, personally carrying a new one on his back (getting the address wrong and having to walk an extra km - while the Cardinals offer lots of advice, but no actual help).

He's the talk of the town
(11-15-2013, 12:59 AM)christulsa123 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah I think some threads about the pope go too far. Our SSPX pastor last Sunday, when preaching against sins against the 8th commandment--Though shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor--spent a significant amount of time reminding us not to gossip about the pope. Basically he said that while we may criticize actions or words of the pope, when done charitably at the proper time, we must stop short of judging the man and his intentions

Sorta sums it up. To hear a (non-sede) Catholic talk about the Holy Father in ways he wouldn't speak about his natural Father, using tones of sarcasm and disrespect, is very disturbing to me. Honest, respectful criticism is one thing, and sometimes necessary, but engaging in it with nastiness, and judging motives, never giving the man the benefit of the doubt whenever possible, always assuming the worst, and all that --- it doesn't belong on a (non-sede) Catholic forum. It just doesn't.

Right now only 58.3.% of first page threads in Catholic News!  An improvement.

Lots else to talk about.

1. Splendors of Fall.

2. Approaching season of Advent.

3. Good and challenging experiences for motu proprio TLM locales.

4. The trad concerns about Vatican II.

5. Upcoming trad events.

6. Trad leaning bishops.

7.  Bringing back the not toxic trads like Basilos.

8.  The economy.

9.  Vox keeping FE alive and well.

10.  What it means to be a traditional Catholic.

Viva Papa Francis.

Viva Cristo Rey!!!
Pages: 1 2