FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Who's this idiot??? And why haven't I heard of him before?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://wdtprs.com/blog/2013/11/why-irish...y-the-cdf/

Cardinal Levada, the former Prefect of the CDF, has explained to The Irish Catholic newspaper that the reason why he intervened to censure and restrict the Redemptorist Fr Tony Flannery was because his writings on the Eucharist and Priesthood were heretical. Cardinal Levada spoke out to refute the falsehood being spread in the media by Fr Flannery that he had been disciplined because of his support for married priests.

He [Fr Flannery] likes to say ‘because I’m for married priests’. This is not the case: he wrote two articles in Reality magazine in which he questioned, undermined, the teaching of the Church on the Eucharist and on the priesthood. If you hold these positions you are formally in heresy [in the Catholic Church]. For Martin Luther, or the Protestant reformers, they were key issues and they denied these doctrines of the Church,” the cardinal said.

I tend to keep up pretty good with my loons but this guy was totally under my radar.

By the way kudos to Cardinal Levada for mentioning by name the original loon/idiot "a certain Martin Luther" specially being this close to the reformation spectacular coming 2017.
Why worry about what you don't have to worry about what you don't have to worry about. Cardinal levada had everything under control.
Smile Smile Smile
I think the title of this thread should be "Who is this priest who spreads idiotic falsehoods" rather than calling him a name. After all, he is another Christ whose hands are consecrated to give us the Bread of Angels. Even the worst of Novus Ordo priests must be respected as priests.
(11-16-2013, 12:45 AM)christulsa123 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the title of this thread should be "Who is this priest who spreads idiotic falsehoods" rather than calling him a name. After all, he is another Christ whose hands are consecrated to give us the Bread of Angels. Even the worst of Novus Ordo priests must be respected as priests.

You are right, I had those same thoughts as I was pressing the post button. I let my passion get the better of my reason in this case.
(11-15-2013, 10:06 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]...specially being this close to the reformation spectacular coming 2017.

I'm out of the loop. Please explain.  Huh?
(11-16-2013, 12:49 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-16-2013, 12:45 AM)christulsa123 Wrote: [ -> ]I think the title of this thread should be "Who is this priest who spreads idiotic falsehoods" rather than calling him a name. After all, he is another Christ whose hands are consecrated to give us the Bread of Angels. Even the worst of Novus Ordo priests must be respected as priests.

You are right, I had those same thoughts as I was pressing the post button. I let my passion get the better of my reason in this case.

That was just the thought that came to mind after I read the title then article.  Similar thoughts have passed through my head.

Its sad.  An Irish priest no less. God save him. And us.
(11-16-2013, 12:49 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]

This priest doesn't deserve all this attention.
(11-16-2013, 12:52 AM)PrairieMom Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-15-2013, 10:06 PM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]...specially being this close to the reformation spectacular coming 2017.

2017 is the 500th anniversary of the beginning of the Protestant Rebellion which was kicked off with Martin Luther's posting of his 95 theses on the door of All Saint's Church in Wittenberg Germany in 1517. My understanding is that there will be many "celebrations". I don't know specifics on that or the extent of the involvement, in the spirit of ecumenism, of the Catholic Church. More interesting is that this also coincides with the year of the 100th anniversary of Fatima. Definitely an eventful year ahead, 2017.
(11-16-2013, 12:52 AM)PrairieMom Wrote: [ -> ]

http://www.cfnews.org/page88/files/c9627...3b-90.html

http://www.lutheranworld.org/sites/defau...munion.pdf

Cry(
(11-16-2013, 12:49 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: [ -> ]You are right, I had those same thoughts as I was pressing the post button. I let my passion get the better of my reason in this case.
Funny how conscience is always there as a witness. Blush