FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Tradition?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anybody know of a film series , or DVD or Video series that explains Church Tradition to a Traditional Latin Mass community. Many people come to the Latin Mass for the beauty, the music, etc.,etc. etc......... I think we need to explain how Tradition is the difference between the Latin  Mass and the Novus Ordo. Anybody know of one?

I'd love, love, LOVE to be able to make one! But as it is, no. I don't know of any such video.

the danger is in celebrating the rejection of the other one...best just to talk about the traditional mass and let the OF rise to meet it , that's my hope for the situation.

.....I guess it depends how it was done.
I have a VCR that does a very good job.
'What we have lost' might perhaps be a good film? ???
(11-27-2013, 09:27 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: [ -> ]'What we have lost' might perhaps be a good film? ???

"What We Have Lost" insists that the OF is all Clown Masses and ruined artwork, and then hastily adds a comment about how if it's not bad in your OF parish, it's going to be that way in the future.
I liked it and thought that it was rather informative and educative . . . ?  ???
I thought it was unfair to the clergy and laity who seek to be orthodox in belief and practice but still think the adoption of the Paul VI Mass was entirely appropriate.
Here try this video. The FSSP does a very good job . Listen to Fr. Calvin Goodwin describe each step of the Mass.
(11-27-2013, 10:11 PM)dark lancer Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-27-2013, 09:27 PM)Virgil the Roman Wrote: [ -> ]'What we have lost' might perhaps be a good film? ???

"What We Have Lost" insists that the OF is all Clown Masses and ruined artwork, and then hastily adds a comment about how if it's not bad in your OF parish, it's going to be that way in the future.

The OF doesn't always lead to clown masses - but it opens the door.
The EF does not. I think that shows things well worth thinking about, even if you aren't sure of some of it. Don't put blinders on; something has been lost.
Pages: 1 2