FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: End times will bring greater persecution to Christians, Pope says
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found this at CNA.

Vatican City, Nov 28, 2013 / 10:34 am (CNA/EWTN News).- In his daily homily Pope Francis reflected on the end times, saying that faith will be increasingly pushed out of the public square and that persecution of Christians is a “prophecy” of what is to come.

The Pope directed his comments to those gathered in the chapel of the Vatican's Saint Martha guesthouse for his daily Mass on Nov. 28.

Reflecting on the day's reading taken from the Gospel of Luke, in which Jesus speaks of the trials and tribulations that will precede the end times, the pontiff explained that when the Lord refers to this in another passage, “he tells us that it will be a desecration of the temple.”

It will be “a profanation of the faith, of the people,” he continued, and “it will be an abomination, it will be desolation and abomination.”

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/end-times-will-bring-greater-persecution-to-christians-pope-says/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+catholicnewsagency%2Fdailynews+%28CNA+Daily+News%29&utm_term=daily+news

tim
I think he just described modern ecumenism and the Novus Ordo.
(11-28-2013, 06:17 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]I found this at CNA.

Vatican City, Nov 28, 2013 / 10:34 am (CNA/EWTN News).- In his daily homily Pope Francis reflected on the end times, saying that faith will be increasingly pushed out of the public square and that persecution of Christians is a “prophecy” of what is to come.

The Pope directed his comments to those gathered in the chapel of the Vatican's Saint Martha guesthouse for his daily Mass on Nov. 28.

Reflecting on the day's reading taken from the Gospel of Luke, in which Jesus speaks of the trials and tribulations that will precede the end times, the pontiff explained that when the Lord refers to this in another passage, “he tells us that it will be a desecration of the temple.”

It will be “a profanation of the faith, of the people,” he continued, and “it will be an abomination, it will be desolation and abomination.”

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/end-times-will-bring-greater-persecution-to-christians-pope-says/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+catholicnewsagency%2Fdailynews+%28CNA+Daily+News%29&utm_term=daily+news

tim

Thank you.
Unum Sint, my impression was he was being prophetic and didn't realize the meaning of what he was saying.

tim
The Novus Ordo and modernism have already desecrated the temple and profaned the faith of the people...
Why can't the pope connect the dots here?
I think it is because he is drunk on liberal ideology that clouds his ability to think clearly.
(11-29-2013, 12:26 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]The Novus Ordo and modernism have already desecrated the temple and profaned the faith of the people...
Why can't the pope connect the dots here?
I think it is because he is drunk on liberal ideology that clouds his ability to think clearly.

I can only conclude that this what is happening to the Church in this day and age is the explicit will of God. Just as He hardened the heart of the Farroh of Egypt in the OT so he blinds our shepherds to the desecration of the temple and destruction of the Faith.
I believe a better analogy is first century Holy Land. They had the Sanhedrin and we the Curia, both are completely out to lunch. They had Sadducee's, Pharisees, and Essenes, and we have Progressives, Neoconservatives and Traditional, which lines up nicely.

And the Sanhedrin with Caiaphas at the helm said it is better for One of us to die than all of us, admitting Jesus Christ was the High Priest of Israel. And this pronouncement as a sort of kick-off to what is about to begin.

tim 
The Popes seem to be helping bring on the end times with their policies
(11-29-2013, 08:27 PM)salus Wrote: [ -> ]The Popes seem to be helping bring on the end times with their policies

Ditto
I don't know,i mean this Pope is interesting in that sometimes he really goes our and says some serious things, they just aren't picked up by the media. He talks about stuff like the end times and satan more than his predecessors and he doesn't seem to be overly intellectual the way JPII and Benedict XVI were. He doesn't seem interested in academic theological conundrums but in speaking about Our Lord in a fairly simple manner. I'm not much a fan of his off the cuff way of doing things sometimes but his non acedemic style in terms of speaking of our Lord is refreshing. We cannot bring people to Christ and the Church either through scorched earth Raymond Brown and NAB style scripture scholarship nor through rad trad bludgeoning people over the head with dogmas and abstractions. Pope Francis isn't perfect and I wish so much he'd abrogate the Novus Ordo but some if the way he approaches things seem good and right. What is needed right now is to bring people into that personal relationship with Jesus Christ,to open the door thst shows them that He is real and His love for them is personal. The dogmas and theology cannot be set aside but in this age where reason itself has been dethroned and the love of many has grown cold they need to come after the lost sheep have that fire in their hearts.