FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Croatia votes on same sex 'marriage '.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The polls are about to open as Croatia votes to amend its constitution to define marriage as between a man and a woman. Polls show overwhelming support for the ban but say a prayer for Catholic Croatia anyway, eh?
I wonder what my Croatian colleagues at school think about this...
Hmm. A lot of Catholics.  Mediterranean climate. Rich culture and history. High standard of living. Might be a nice place to live.
(11-30-2013, 11:27 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: [ -> ]The polls are about to open as Croatia votes to amend its constitution to define marriage as between a man and a woman. Polls show overwhelming support for the ban but say a prayer for Catholic Croatia anyway, eh?

Pray Pray Incense
Pray
I will.
(12-01-2013, 01:34 AM)christulsa123 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. A lot of Catholics.  Mediterranean climate. Rich culture and history. High standard of living. Might be a nice place to live.

With extreme volatile tensions brooding between numerous ethnic and religious groups that could break out into violence at any moment as has occurred repeatedly in the past... yeah, not for me.  LOL
(12-01-2013, 09:44 AM)City Smurf Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2013, 01:34 AM)christulsa123 Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm. A lot of Catholics.  Mediterranean climate. Rich culture and history. High standard of living. Might be a nice place to live.

With extreme volatile tensions brooding between numerous ethnic and religious groups that could break out into violence at any moment as has occurred repeatedly in the past... yeah, not for me.  LOL
Great minds and all that! LOL The Danube Basin/Balkans have never known peace unless they were ruled by a single power. Whether it was the Ottomans, the Habsburgs or the Soviets, is immaterial, when they are a patchwork of nations, there is either war or a war waiting to happen. And when two of them go to war, almost inevitably, pretty much everybody else gets involved. In fact, in the two years leading up to the 1914-18 War, there were two 'Balkan Wars' fought and WW I itself is sometimes referred to by European historians as the 'Third Balkan War'.