FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Practical side of a ban on abortion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nowadays, when there's very easy access to mifepristone (RU-486 pill), how can we really enforce the ban? Or would we simply have to admit that there are many instances where a breach of the law cannot be discovered?
Maybe they will ban those drugs and they won't be easy to access anymore.. But the realist in me doubts it.

I don't think surgical abortion will ever disappear, but in the future more abortions will be chemically induced. This might even do away with "abortion clinics" like Planned Parenthood. In the end, as always, it's going to be between God and the individual. The Church just has to keep teaching the truth. The law is not on our side this time.
"StrictCatholicGirl" Wrote:Maybe they will ban those drugs and they won't be easy to access anymore.. But the realist in me doubts it.
I mean, even if they ban it, you can order it from another country. And then, how can the state control it? Monitoring women would a) be NWO b) threaten women after miscarriage
"StrictCatholicGirl" Wrote:I don't think surgical abortion will ever disappear, but in the future more abortions will be chemically induced.
This. We may ban abortion clinics and imprison gynelologists, but you cannot do anything about chemical abortions.
(12-21-2013, 07:51 AM)PolishTrad Wrote: [ -> ]Nowadays, when there's very easy access to mifepristone (RU-486 pill), how can we really enforce the ban? Or would we simply have to admit that there are many instances where a breach of the law cannot be discovered?

Err, well, we ban RU-486 too. Outlaw its manufacture, aggressively punish its peddlers, and implicit anyone involved in its manufacturing/transportation/marketing/consumption as attempted murderers, accessories to murder, etc., as appropriate.

(12-21-2013, 09:26 AM)PolishTrad Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, even if they ban it, you can order it from another country. And then, how can the state control it? Monitoring women would a) be NWO b) threaten women after miscarriage

We might have to get serious about doing away with "free trade" too... oh well.

Really though, western civilization is too far gone for talk about a legal solution to abortion to be serious. There are problems that are within the scope of human prudence to fix and there are those which radically transgress it, and abortion is the latter kind. It's a spiritual and moral evil first and foremost and the only way of fixing it is mass repentance -- or chastisement.
(12-21-2013, 11:38 AM)sw85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-21-2013, 07:51 AM)PolishTrad Wrote: [ -> ]Nowadays, when there's very easy access to mifepristone (RU-486 pill), how can we really enforce the ban? Or would we simply have to admit that there are many instances where a breach of the law cannot be discovered?

Err, well, we ban RU-486 too. Outlaw its manufacture, aggressively punish its peddlers, and implicit anyone involved in its manufacturing/transportation/marketing/consumption as attempted murderers, accessories to murder, etc., as appropriate.

The problem is that this would be no more effective than current anti-drug laws.  Besides, people would just substitute combinations of legal drugs to achieve the same end.
Banning these things addresses a symptom, but not the sickness.

Addressing symptoms is good, but addressing the sickness is better.