FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: What time is your "Midnight Mass" ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Mine is at 10:30...
Well, it doesn't matter, because I am NOT going!   :P

I am in bed by 9:30 p.m. every night and I'm up by 4 a.m.  I know from experience that staying up that late destroys me.  It's not good to be in a state of destruction on Christmas Day.

So I go to the early Mass on Christmas morning.

I also make sure to receive the Holy Father's Urbi et Orbi blessing at 6 a.m. E.S.T.
I was just thinking this in the shower this morning. My 'midnight' is at 10. There is a 4:30 seniors mass and a family mass at 7:00, which will set our annual attendance record. Ironically enough, as a rule there are more seniors in 'midnight mass' than the senior mass.

If I could not go to midnight mass, I would go to the morning mass.
Our midnight Mass is midnight with a festival of carols beginning at 11pm. Doors open at 10:30pm.
(12-21-2013, 10:28 AM)The Tax Collector Wrote: [ -> ]I was just thinking this in the shower this morning. My 'midnight' is at 10. There is a 4:30 seniors mass and a family mass at 7:00, which will set our annual attendance record. Ironically enough, as a rule there are more seniors in 'midnight mass' than the senior mass.

If I could not go to midnight mass, I would go to the morning mass.

We have a 4pm Children's Mass on Christmas Eve which is a ZOO (sorry, but it is). And the Midnight Mass is so crowded. I love going to Mass on Christmas morning. It's peaceful and there's lots of elbow room. No choir (since they stayed up past midnight singing their hearts out), we have instead two talented sisters.. one sings like an angel and the other plays the harp. They have become a part of my new tradition, my Over-Fifty Sanity Christmas.
(12-21-2013, 11:00 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]They have become a part of my new tradition, my Over-Fifty Sanity Christmas.

I'm right there with you, Sis. 
Ours is at Midnight with the Dawn Mass at 8 am and the Mass of the Day at 12 noon. Just for information's sake, how many of you have the three traditional Masses on Christmas Day?

MDA
The monastery where we go to Mass will have the traditional three Masses, with Midnight Mass starting at 12am. My husband directs the choir, so that's where we'll be. I am hoping our small children sleep! I'm thankful to have this monastery. They were a novus ordo order, but changed to doing the Old Mass exclusively. The whole debacle with the Franciscans makes me nervous for them.

We officially belong to a Latin Mass parish, but we never go because it's an hour and a half away, and because of my husband leading the choir here.
10:00 pm.
Midnight. Carols at 11:30p.
Pages: 1 2 3