FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Hey, Catholic Men, You're All Gay Now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Got no words...

Eww. Don't think i'll even watch this.
I've heard this said before... the idea that there is something inherently gay in priestly celibacy because you are forsaking all women for the supreme Love of a man, Jesus Christ.  I think this ties in with the "Guys need friends" thread because our society has completely forgotten that there is any kind of love besides eros--sexual love.  We have forgotten about agape and filios. 
Does this mean Obama will be offering us all jobs now?
Dyson is a conn man. I know I grew up on the street. His field of expertise is listening to rap and dissecting that pap philosophically. He is without sense. But because he is controversial he is a darling of MSNBC.

In as much as I would disagree very much with neo-cons, is this guy in the same ball park as Bill Krystal, George Will, or Charles Krauthammer ?? I don't think so !!
MSNBC puts him on as and expert not because his field of expertise intersects but because he is too cool for school and has street cred with suburbanites.

tim.

Tell it to my wife and numerous kids...
(12-27-2013, 03:26 PM)Chestertonian Wrote: [ -> ]our society has completely forgotten that there is any kind of love besides eros--sexual love.  We have forgotten about agape and filios. 

Exactly. I've heard sort of the same logic from Wiccans, saying theirs is a feminine or goddess religion and therefore more males should be attracted to it. But I think it's actually the opposite. These neopagan and new age sects today are definitely geered toward empowering women.

It's not a mistake that, in Biblical language,  Israel is likened to a "wife" and the Church as the "bride of Christ." The Church is also called "Holy Mother Church." These are symbols though. The love between spouses, or the love between mother and child, is the deepest love we humans can know on earth. Our relationship with our Creator is meant to be even more intimate. "Erotic" is a bad choice of words.
In a world where anything goes the real abomination for them is the vow of chastity.
(12-28-2013, 01:28 AM)Poche Wrote: [ -> ]In a world where anything goes the real abomination for them is the vow of chastity.

Quite true, now that you've made me think about it.
I am gay, very gay.

That is if you are referring to the proper use of the word gay, (which means happy and joyful) and not the perversion this sick, perverted society has twisted to be.
Pages: 1 2