FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope Francis "Shocked" By Gay Adoption Proposal in Malta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Time World
December 30, 2013
Noah Rayman

I am not sure what he is so shocked about?

http://world.time.com/2013/12/30/report-...-proposal/

A bishop in Malta told local media that Pope Francis was “shocked” about a proposal to allow gay couples to adopt children there.

Auxiliary Bishop Charles Scicluna, an opponent of the proposal, told the Sunday Times of Malta that he discussed his concerns with the Pope on Dec. 12, and Scicluna said the Pontiff “encouraged me to speak out.”

Pope Francis, who ascended to the Papacy in March, has drawn attention for a reformist platform that includes a softer tone on issues like homosexuality. He was was named TIME’s Person of the Year this month and was on the cover of leading LGBT magazine The Advocate.

But the Pope still opposes same-sex marriage and gay adoption, saying this year only that,  “If a homosexual person is of good will and is in search of God, I am no one to judge.”

In fact, in 2010 he said that gay adoption is a form of discrimination against children, according to a profile by the National Catholic Reporter.

“Francis signals great change while giving the same answers to the uncomfortable questions,” TIME wrote in naming Pope Francis the Person of the Year.
Perhaps the Holy Father should follow Franklin Graham's position:
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/graham-.../id/544308

Once upon a time we had Pontifs who would stand on Truth without ambiguity.
CORRECT ME IF I am wrong- BEING GAY IS NOT A SIN only when one acts on their desire  then a sin is committed. 
(12-30-2013, 11:19 PM)JCCMADD Wrote: [ -> ]CORRECT ME IF I am wrong- BEING GAY IS NOT A SIN only when one acts on their desire  then a sin is committed. 

Close. One can obsess or have perpetual sinful thoughts but not act on them, he is still sinning.

Those who follow church teaching and carry their same sex attraction as a cross commit no sin.
Quite right. Being gay is not a sin. This is not the problem. It has never been the problem in the Catholic Church.
What is a problem is a Pope who does not pay sufficient attention to what he says. I am shocked that he is shocked. Of course he never espoused gay adoption. But he did say things that seem to have been deliberately controversial and confusing. Well, now he is confused about what is happening in Malta.

I keep seeing the same thing in this pope: a well intentioned and pious man who has no business governing. Maybe that is why he wants to badly to spread out the government of the Church to others. But really, if you don't want to govern, you should stay home on Conclave Day.
(12-30-2013, 11:43 PM)The Tax Collector Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2013, 11:19 PM)JCCMADD Wrote: [ -> ]CORRECT ME IF I am wrong- BEING GAY IS NOT A SIN only when one acts on their desire  then a sin is committed. 

Close. One can obsess or have perpetual sinful thoughts but not act on them, he is still sinning.

Those who follow church teaching and carry their same sex attraction as a cross commit no sin.

A homosexual can welcome such thoughts & dwell on them, just as a married heterosexual can fantasize about another women/man & WELCOME the fantasy. However, if one makes an effort to banish such thoughts they are NOT SINNING.
(12-30-2013, 11:43 PM)The Tax Collector Wrote: [ -> ]

It comes down to the WILL, not the perpetuity or persistence of the thoughts. If one doesn't consciously, willfully entertain such thoughts, there is no sin whatsoever.
(12-30-2013, 10:17 PM)Dmorgan Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps the Holy Father should follow Franklin Graham's position:

Why should the Pope follow a wrong-headed Protestant's position? The Catechism works just fine.

I'm not seeing any "ambiguity" in what the Pope has said, despite the LGBTQ folks' desire to see it.

(12-31-2013, 05:04 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-30-2013, 10:17 PM)Dmorgan Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps the Holy Father should follow Franklin Graham's position:

Why should the Pope follow a wrong-headed Protestant's position? The Catechism works just fine.

I'm not seeing any "ambiguity" in what the Pope has said, despite the LGBTQ folks' desire to see it.

Because even though the protestants have followed the heretical paths laid down by luther, calvin, et al, and separated themselves from the Church of Christ,some of the protestants still remember how to stay faithful to the teaching of Sacred Scripture.

St. Paul's Letter to the Romans; Ch. 1
"[16] For I am not ashamed of the gospel. For it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth, to the Jew first, and to the Greek. [17] For the justice of God is revealed therein, from faith unto faith, as it is written: The just man liveth by faith. [18] For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and injustice of those men that detain the truth of God in injustice: [19] Because that which is known of God is manifest in them. For God hath manifested it unto them. [20] For the invisible things of him, from the creation of the world, are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made; his eternal power also, and divinity: so that they are inexcusable.

[21] Because that, when they knew God, they have not glorified him as God, or given thanks; but became vain in their thoughts, and their foolish heart was darkened. [22] For professing themselves to be wise, they became fools. [23] And they changed the glory of the incorruptible God into the likeness of the image of a corruptible man, and of birds, and of fourfooted beasts, and of creeping things. [24] Wherefore God gave them up to the desires of their heart, unto uncleanness, to dishonour their own bodies among themselves. [25] Who changed the truth of God into a lie; and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

[26] For this cause God delivered them up to shameful affections. For their women have changed the natural use into that use which is against nature. [27] And, in like manner, the men also, leaving the natural use of the women, have burned in their lusts one towards another, men with men working that which is filthy, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was due to their error. [28] And as they liked not to have God in their knowledge, God delivered them up to a reprobate sense, to do those things which are not convenient; [29] Being filled with all iniquity, malice, fornication, avarice, wickedness, full of envy, murder, contention, deceit, malignity, whisperers, [30] Detractors, hateful to God, contumelious, proud, haughty, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

[26] God delivered them up: Not by being author of their sins, but by withdrawing his grace, and so permitting them, in punishment of their pride, to fall into those shameful sins. commentary

[31] Foolish, dissolute, without affection, without fidelity, without mercy. [32] Who, having known the justice of God, did not understand that they who do such things, are worthy of death; and not only they that do them, but they also that consent to them that do them."  http://www.drbo.org/index.htm

http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Leo13/l13provi.htm

Pages: 1 2