FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Bishops Friendly to Tradition
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Could anybody on this forum supply a list of 15-20 bishops in this country who are friendly to tradition? I have had a tendency to focus on hierarchs who are hostile to tradition resulting in corrosive effects on my spiritual life.  Bishop Slattery from Tulsa and Archbishop Cordileone of San Francisco come to my mind.  Huh?
Bishop Paprocki in Springfield, IL
Bishop Foys, Covington, KY, Promotional
Arch Bishop Schnurr, Cincinnati, OH, Tolerant
Bishop James Conley, Diocese of Lincoln, NE.

Archbishop Alexander Sample, Archdiocese of Portland, OR.

----

But what do you *mean* friendly to Tradition, exactly? Tolerant or promotional?
Promotional!
Bishop Thomas James Olmsted of the Diocese of Phoenix.
It was a cesspool before he came.
Bishop Morlino of Madison

Archbishop Aquila is rather traditional, most of the bishops of the Upper Midwest these days are at least partial to allowing and promoting tradition in their diocese. 
I would say Bishop Kevin Vann of Orange County, California is pretty traditional.
(01-01-2014, 04:25 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: [ -> ]I would say Bishop Kevin Vann of Orange County, California is pretty traditional.

I was just having a discussion with a friend today, that TLM's have been started popping up in Diocese of Orange now that he's there.
(01-01-2014, 05:00 PM)Juanthetuba Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-01-2014, 04:25 PM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: [ -> ]I would say Bishop Kevin Vann of Orange County, California is pretty traditional.

I was just having a discussion with a friend today, that TLM's have been started popping up in Diocese of Orange now that he's there.

Yes I have noticed this too Smile

I hope that we have him for a while.

I am discerning the priesthood and most likely I will be joining the Norbertines in Saint Michael's Abbey. Most Norbertines are the ones who offer the Old Mass. I hope that I will be able to do this.
Pages: 1 2 3