FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Rochester NY is finally getting a new bishop. It's on EWTN.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And it's one of the most painful things I've observed. Bad lectors, the first reading was in Spanish (we don't have a large Spanish population in the area) and the second reading was SIGNED with another person somewhere else reading it vocally. I'm not sure if I want to see more of it. Praise be to God that Rochester NY finally has a new bishop though.
(01-03-2014, 04:20 PM)Farmer88 Wrote: [ -> ]And it's one of the most painful things I've observed. Bad lectors, the first reading was in Spanish (we don't have a large Spanish population in the area) and the second reading was SIGNED with another person somewhere else reading it vocally. I'm not sure if I want to see more of it.

I also live near a parish which engages in politically correct practices -- Spanish Masses, though a minority Spanish population in its midst.  I recently left such a "Mass," in the middle of it.  Tired of the pandering.  Last Easter Vigil included readings in Spanish, none in English.  Since a minority know Spanish, yeah, that works.  Eye-roll

Clergy of NewChurch Titanic apparently believe that pandering to Spanish speakers will salvage and somehow revive what's left of the Roman Church.  Hasn't worked, isn't working, won't work.  And incidentally, although such parishioners are quite generous when it comes to extending themselves personally, they have never been generous financially (as a group, I mean).

Misguided decisions like these are merely going to increase the level of disaffection and eventually grow the SSPX. 

And, since Francis just enigmatically referred to priests, anonymously, as "little monsters," the sedes may grow as well.  He's really asking for it.  Maybe even daring the laity to go elsewhere.