FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pray4TheFriars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
May I encourage all of you who may be interested to visit this website often?
http://pray4thefriars.wordpress.com/auth...thefriars/

It is the most possible charitable outlook on the persecution of the Franciscans of the Immaculate.  This prayerful powerhouse of an Order that is faithful, penitential, and orthodox is not wanted in the modernist Church as we know.  You would think they would be embraced! But, no.

The writer of this blog helps to put a supernatural spin on the sad happenings.  I hope you will read and enjoy it and pray for the Order.
---

Pray for an unexpected journey:
[Image: ouverture.jpg?w=600&h=398]

If you go to FFI seminary website (http://stim.immacolata.com) you can read the story of the location:

The seminary of the Franciscans of the Immaculate(FI), at the Church of Santa Maria della Pace which dates back to the 16th century, is situated between the Castel, commonly called “Sassoferrato in Alto”, and the village below, commonly called “Sassoferrato in Basso”. The Seminary was built around the 1950′s for the “fratini”, or better for the kids who would study as friars in the minor seminary of the Order of Friars Minor (OFM) of the March region. With a rapid decline of vocations, the seminary eventually closed and became the home of summer camps and other extra-curricular activity. In 2011, the philosophical seminary of the FI at Via Boccea, Rome, was forced to close because it was not large enough to accommodate all seminarians . Looking for a new seminary, the OFM Provincial of the March  contacted our superiors and offered them the “old” seminary of Sassoferrato.

The Franciscans of the Immaculate moved in in August of 2011 and inaugurated that same year the new house of the philosophical seminary for the FI. In 2012, the new seminary of Sassoferrato then became the home of the theological students, previously located in Casalucense of Cassino (FR). Today, the S.T.I.M. (Theological Seminary of the Immaculate Mediatrix) of the Franciscans of the Immaculate, both philosophical and theological studies are now located at the new seminary of Sassoferrato.

[Image: preghiera.jpg?w=600&h=398]

I’ll just tell you this: the 50 circa FFI students (plus their teachers) lived in this enormous, cold and poor mansion making it vibrant and smelling sanctity. Instead, the same place is still shared by just five old (often not-wearing-the-habit) OFM friars living in some sort of basement, being their order got out of youngsters to fill the place.

A vivid picture of where the Holy Spirit send vocations and where not.

In the next few days the seminarians will leave Sassoferrato. The young friars will go back to Rome and Frigento (not far from Naples). They will now be forced to study in (probably dubious) interdiocesan seminaries. But S.T.I.M. was an excellent school with professors as Fr. Alessandro M. Apollonio (a holy man, great smile and immense doctrine), Fr. Settimio M. Manelli (nephew of Fr. Stefano…he is one of 9 children and 7 of these entered religious life!), Fr. Paolo M. Siano (a renowned writer and researcher on freemasonry issues) and many more.

You should know that in Sassoferrato there was an incredibly high quality, balanced and zealous education and training.

You could see these young men dressed in poor pale-blu habits playing football, learning to sing, being trained in painting but also cooking and cleaning and webmastering! …and furthermore: studying the best mariology out there, forging into penance and silence, imitating the path of St. Francis. And oh, how much you could guess the joy and the holiness in their hearts!

Why do close it?

Dear readers, you should also know that on November 5th 2013 one of the recalcitrant priests, one of those who started all this situation, was made boss of the Sassoferrato seminary, just after beheading the past “management”. But probably this was not enough. I can imagine that the new Commission knows well the “divide et impera” motto. So fr. Fidenzio Volpi, apostolic commissioner, decided the complete shut down.

Though, I fear and wish for the new “management” an unwittingly funny outcome. The young friars are so fervent and zealous that maybe some of the students in the new seminary they’ll go could get to know what Catholicism is about! God wanting the Sassoferrato students unexpected journey will spread the seeds of orthodox doctrine and life all around. And what seemed bad will turn out to be good.

Today let’s pray for this unexpected journey. God knows better and He has sense of humour too: men plans often fail. And the young FFI have Our Queen by their side!
The treatment of this order is absolutely scandalous, and to think the Pope is involved in this while he does nothing against his own Jesuit order which is promoting scandal after scandal
(01-03-2014, 07:24 PM)Magdalene Wrote: [ -> ]May I encourage all of you who may be interested to visit this website often?
http://pray4thefriars.wordpress.com/auth...thefriars/

It is the most possible charitable outlook on the persecution of the Franciscans of the Immaculate.  This prayerful powerhouse of an Order that is faithful, penitential, and orthodox is not wanted in the modernist Church as we know.  You would think they would be embraced! But, no.

The writer of this blog helps to put a supernatural spin on the sad happenings.  I hope you will read and enjoy it and pray for the Order.
---

Pray for an unexpected journey:
[Image: ouverture.jpg?w=600&h=398]

If you go to FFI seminary website (http://stim.immacolata.com) you can read the story of the location:

The seminary of the Franciscans of the Immaculate(FI), at the Church of Santa Maria della Pace which dates back to the 16th century, is situated between the Castel, commonly called “Sassoferrato in Alto”, and the village below, commonly called “Sassoferrato in Basso”. The Seminary was built around the 1950′s for the “fratini”, or better for the kids who would study as friars in the minor seminary of the Order of Friars Minor (OFM) of the March region. With a rapid decline of vocations, the seminary eventually closed and became the home of summer camps and other extra-curricular activity. In 2011, the philosophical seminary of the FI at Via Boccea, Rome, was forced to close because it was not large enough to accommodate all seminarians . Looking for a new seminary, the OFM Provincial of the March  contacted our superiors and offered them the “old” seminary of Sassoferrato.

The Franciscans of the Immaculate moved in in August of 2011 and inaugurated that same year the new house of the philosophical seminary for the FI. In 2012, the new seminary of Sassoferrato then became the home of the theological students, previously located in Casalucense of Cassino (FR). Today, the S.T.I.M. (Theological Seminary of the Immaculate Mediatrix) of the Franciscans of the Immaculate, both philosophical and theological studies are now located at the new seminary of Sassoferrato.

[Image: preghiera.jpg?w=600&h=398]

I’ll just tell you this: the 50 circa FFI students (plus their teachers) lived in this enormous, cold and poor mansion making it vibrant and smelling sanctity. Instead, the same place is still shared by just five old (often not-wearing-the-habit) OFM friars living in some sort of basement, being their order got out of youngsters to fill the place.

A vivid picture of where the Holy Spirit send vocations and where not.

In the next few days the seminarians will leave Sassoferrato. The young friars will go back to Rome and Frigento (not far from Naples). They will now be forced to study in (probably dubious) interdiocesan seminaries. But S.T.I.M. was an excellent school with professors as Fr. Alessandro M. Apollonio (a holy man, great smile and immense doctrine), Fr. Settimio M. Manelli (nephew of Fr. Stefano…he is one of 9 children and 7 of these entered religious life!), Fr. Paolo M. Siano (a renowned writer and researcher on freemasonry issues) and many more.

You should know that in Sassoferrato there was an incredibly high quality, balanced and zealous education and training.

You could see these young men dressed in poor pale-blu habits playing football, learning to sing, being trained in painting but also cooking and cleaning and webmastering! …and furthermore: studying the best mariology out there, forging into penance and silence, imitating the path of St. Francis. And oh, how much you could guess the joy and the holiness in their hearts!

Why do close it?

Dear readers, you should also know that on November 5th 2013 one of the recalcitrant priests, one of those who started all this situation, was made boss of the Sassoferrato seminary, just after beheading the past “management”. But probably this was not enough. I can imagine that the new Commission knows well the “divide et impera” motto. So fr. Fidenzio Volpi, apostolic commissioner, decided the complete shut down.

Though, I fear and wish for the new “management” an unwittingly funny outcome. The young friars are so fervent and zealous that maybe some of the students in the new seminary they’ll go could get to know what Catholicism is about! God wanting the Sassoferrato students unexpected journey will spread the seeds of orthodox doctrine and life all around. And what seemed bad will turn out to be good.

Today let’s pray for this unexpected journey. God knows better and He has sense of humour too: men plans often fail. And the young FFI have Our Queen by their side!

Praying every single day for them  Pray
Thanks for the prayers!

You know as I read the Holy Fathers remarks about formation of priests and novices and they are not, shall we say, overly kind...

THIS is what the modernists do not want:  http://stim.immacolata.com/about-us/friars2.html
Here you will see joy and discipline and penance and prayer....all the things that have been mitigated in Orders since the Council to the detriment of the whole world.