FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pope Francis names Abp. Gualtiero Bassetti of Perugia cardinal today!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Pope Francis named Msgr. don Gualtiero Bassetti, Archbishop of Perugia cardinal today.

Here he's saying Mass at the Institute of Christ the King's seminary chapel in Gricigliano, Italy:
[Image: Gricigliano+4.jpg]
(image source)
[Image: perugia-card.jpg]
(image source)
Clearly he's in Pope St. Pius X's episcopal lineage.  :grin:

Laus Deo.
"Clearly he's in Pope St. Pius X's episcopal lineage."

Are you being sarcastic or are you genuinely happy about this?

If he truly belongs to St. Pius X's lineage, then I'm really surprised by this.

How do you know he is?
Never mind. Found the proof. :)
(01-12-2014, 08:46 PM)RedCaves Wrote: [ -> ]"Clearly he's in Pope St. Pius X's episcopal lineage."

Are you being sarcastic or are you genuinely happy about this?

If he truly belongs to St. Pius X's lineage, then I'm really surprised by this.

How do you know he is?
Yes, he truly is: http://www.catholic-hierarchy.org/bishop/bbassetti.html
Which is partly why I made the "pun" :)
(01-12-2014, 07:41 PM)Geremia Wrote: [ -> ]Pope Francis named Msgr. don Gualtiero Bassetti, Archbishop of Perugia cardinal today.

Here he's saying Mass at the Institute of Christ the King's seminary chapel in Gricigliano, Italy:
[Image: Gricigliano+4.jpg]
(image source)
[Image: perugia-card.jpg]
(image source)
Clearly he's in Pope St. Pius X's episcopal lineage.  :grin:

Laus Deo.

Excellent! Thanks.
I think that pic is of the Novus Ordo mass --- but if that were the case, perhaps it shows his traditional leanings, since he is using all the traditional trappings...

not sure what to make of it~
(01-13-2014, 03:36 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]I think that pic is of the Novus Ordo mass --- but if that were the case, perhaps it shows his traditional leanings, since he is using all the traditional trappings...

not sure what to make of it~

What makes you think it was the Novus Ordo?
don't see the mass cards at the ends of the altar and  I don't think the gospel is held up by a server in the Old mass unless it is read by a deacon...
but anyway i am not a liturgist, and would be glad to be proven wrong. the more TLM loving cardinals we have the better.
those pictures are from a mass done when the adorers of the sacred heart of jesus high priest received their habits.

thats the altar, no dining room table in front.
Was it the Novus Ordo mass or TLM?
Pages: 1 2 3 4