FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: I Miss Pope Benedict XVI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Cry(
So do I...
me, three !!

tim
Same. But we can't dwell in the past.
Dittos, but he resigned....meh kinda lost a little respect.  Unsure
I recall during the discussions prior to the last conclave, one cardinal from Asia said that the Cardinal Electors should once again vote for Pope Benedict as an overwhelming sign of support.

At the time this went in one ear and out the other, but now in hindsight I think he revealed the apparent inability for Pope Benedict to get the support of the majority of the curia to back his decisions.

This I think is what really movitated him to resign, because he was being contradicted and hindered in every turn and the Vati-leaks showed that he doesn't even have the trust of his own handlers... Suprisingly these leaks seemed to have stopped.

If I was into conspiracy theories, I might suggest that he was threatened to resign and the Vati-leaks was the cabal's show of force "look what we can do..."

I miss Pope Benedict too.
(01-13-2014, 02:57 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]I recall during the discussions prior to the last conclave, one cardinal from Asia said that the Cardinal Electors should once again vote for Pope Benedict as an overwhelming sign of support.

At the time this went in one ear and out the other, but now in hindsight I think he revealed the apparent inability for Pope Benedict to get the support of the majority of the curia to back his decisions.

This I think is what really movitated him to resign, because he was being contradicted and hindered in every turn and the Vati-leaks showed that he doesn't even have the trust of his own handlers... Suprisingly these leaks seemed to have stopped.

If I was into conspiracy theories, I might suggest that he was threatened to resign and the Vati-leaks was the cabal's show of force "look what we can do..."

Vati-leaks was nothing compared to the sex-abuse crisis he faced at the beginning of his pontificacy; I disagree, he just resigned cause he wanted to be retired for decades.
I miss him. I miss PUIS XII MORE.
I miss him too. I was within 5 feet of him twice in October 2012 during a Wednesday Audience and then the canonization ceremony.  I have a terrible feeling that Pope Francis will concentrate on feeding the poor at the expense of spirituality. 
(01-13-2014, 02:59 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-13-2014, 02:57 PM)winoblue1 Wrote: [ -> ]I recall during the discussions prior to the last conclave, one cardinal from Asia said that the Cardinal Electors should once again vote for Pope Benedict as an overwhelming sign of support.

I think that Vatileaks and the sex abuse crisis are interrelated....

Vati-leaks was nothing compared to the sex-abuse crisis he faced at the beginning of his pontificacy; I disagree, he just resigned cause he wanted to be retired for decades.
Pages: 1 2 3