FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Pius XII's wartime conduct to be examined
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Pope Francis agrees to examine Pope Pius XII wartime conduct prior to any cause for canonization :hmmm:

http://www.jpost.com/Jewish-World/Jewish...ood-338649
A rare photo of him smiling...

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8omEbBZYDYqhu_TZJCNa...J2IQ2JZjQF]
An engaged and decisive Pontiff...
[Image: d90d6998c1b93ceae158652ab4b35431.jpg]
Empirical evidence that he helped...
[Image: pius-xii-empirical-evidence-that-the-vat...war-ii.jpg]

[Image: 1101531214_400.jpg]
[Image: cv121354.jpg]
This is absurd, My Pope Pius XII was the best I've seen personally.

tim
I've been told by a bishop friend that they already have two miracles necessary to canonise him....
Tim, I agree!  Pope Francis is ready to put this "issue" to rest.
Notice the timing of this after announcing his trip to the Holy Land in May?
BTW, waiting for the release of Recollections of Sister Pasqualina
[Image: artist-137434-2877-His%20Humble%20Servant.JPG]
Apparently, Francis isn't content to impugn the sanctity of Our Lady; now, he feels it necessary to go after a saintly Pontiff.
(01-19-2014, 06:34 PM)SouthpawLink Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently, Francis isn't content to impugn the sanctity of Our Lady; now, he feels it necessary to go after a saintly Pontiff.

My hope, SouthpawLink, is that scholars study the archives and realize Pope Pius XII did everything within reason to help during the holocaust.

"The voice of Pius XII is a lonely voice in the silence and darkness enveloping Europe this Christmas…he is about the only ruler left on the Continent of Europe who dares raise his voice at all… the Pope put himself squarely against Hitlerism… he left no doubt that the Nazi aims are also irreconcilable with his own conception of a Christmas peace." (NY Times, 1941)
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtFCq0cEnR0lun-EWpZLL...9U8rvpHtwx]

(01-19-2014, 04:34 PM)EnglishConvert Wrote: [ -> ]I've been told by a bishop friend that they already have two miracles necessary to canonise him....

I pray it is so, he suffered so greatly for the Church!

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTT46WnIGz5myMta7ceQHC...W4sWtkeSyw]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXfVKaUs5AUnaWSN9os_e...iEIYCj6wzZ]
I am sure that Blessed JP 2 and Pope Paul VI received just as much scrutiny.  ;)
I would not expect a fair story from this source. The review has already been done as far as I can see.
Pope Benedict spoke on the topic in 2008 when he addressed the "Pave the Way" group in Castel Gandolfo:

"Thanks to the vast quantity of documented material which you have gathered, supported by many authoritative testimonies, your symposium offers to the public forum the possibility of knowing more fully what Pius XII achieved for the Jews persecuted by the Nazi and fascist regimes. One understands, then, that wherever possible he spared no effort in intervening in their favour either directly or through instructions given to other individuals or to institutions of the Catholic Church. In the proceedings of your convention you have also drawn attention to his many interventions, made secretly and silently, precisely because, given the concrete situation of that difficult historical moment, only in this way was it possible to avoid the worst and save the greatest number of Jews. This courageous and paternal dedication was recognized and appreciated during and after the terrible world conflict by Jewish communities and individuals who showed their gratitude for what the Pope had done for them. One need only recall Pius XII’s meeting on the 29th of November 1945 with eighty delegates of German concentration camps who during a special Audience granted to them at the Vatican, wished to thank him personally for his generosity to them during the terrible period of Nazi-fascist persecution."

http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedi...ay_en.html

C.
When the Archives are opened the Pope should demand an apology from World Jewry!
Pages: 1 2