FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 7000 French protesters in Paris against "Christianophobia"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It’s only 7000.
There is too many of Christianphobes, Truthphobes, and Normal-people-scare-me-phobes out there.
(01-28-2014, 02:40 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2014, 02:37 PM)Roger Buck Wrote: [ -> ]And of course, the revelation of the Sacred Heart in Paray-le-Monial - Paray-le-Monial which, incidentally, totally changed my life ...

Mine too!

Lisa, do you mean the revelation of His Most Sacred Heart - or do you mean you have been to Paray itself?

Would love to hear more in either case.

(For myself, by the grace of God it is both, I was enabled to visit Paray more than 20 times and became a far more committed traditional Catholic thereby. For me, it is the most amazing place I have ever found on this planet ...)
(01-28-2014, 08:56 PM)Roger Buck Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2014, 02:40 PM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2014, 02:37 PM)Roger Buck Wrote: [ -> ]And of course, the revelation of the Sacred Heart in Paray-le-Monial - Paray-le-Monial which, incidentally, totally changed my life ...

Mine too!

Lisa, do you mean the revelation of His Most Sacred Heart - or do you mean you have been to Paray itself?

Would love to hear more in either case.

(For myself, by the grace of God it is both, I was enabled to visit Paray more than 20 times and became a far more committed traditional Catholic thereby. For me, it is the most amazing place I have ever found on this planet ...)

Roger, I don't expect you to remember. We talked about this at length a few years ago. I was referring to the revelation and devotion to the Sacred Heart.. We held the home enthronement on October 2, 1981. You told me about your visits to Paray and I was a captive audience! It would be my absolute dream to go there someday, but, alas, I'd have to get over my fear of flying. With God all things are possible, right? :-)
(01-28-2014, 02:37 PM)Roger Buck Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2014, 11:55 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]France has always given us the greatest saints and the greatest sinners. I think Bishop Sheen described it as "a hotbed of holiness or heresy." Or, in the immortal words of Mother Goose, paraphrased: When they are good they are very very good, and when they are bad they are horrid.

Just for the record, all my favorite saints are French: Joan of Arc, Francis de Sales, Vincent de Paul, Therese of Lisieux.

Yes, indeed, Lisa - France is extraordinary.

The scene also of five great Marian Apparitions - Laus (most recently approved by BXVI) Rue du Bac in Paris (source of Miraculous Medal) La Salette, Lourdes and Pontmain.

And of course, the revelation of the Sacred Heart in Paray-le-Monial - Paray-le-Monial which, incidentally, totally changed my life ...

Not to mention the scene of the great 19th century French Counter Revolution movement dominated by figures like Dom Gueranger, Cardinal Pie - the inspiration of St. Pius X.

And in the 20th century, the birthplace of Catholic traditionalism - with Archbishop Lefebvre leading the way of course. But the FSSP and ICKSP are French in origin and the country has these great Latin Mass convents and monasteries all across it.

If anyone is interested in this, I have quite a big archive of posts relating to Catholic France here:

http://corjesusacratissimum.org/tag/catholic-france

Vive La France!

After reading your post, I would love to move there  :grin: Thanks. God bless.
(01-29-2014, 10:46 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]Roger, I don't expect you to remember. We talked about this at length a few years ago. I was referring to the revelation and devotion to the Sacred Heart.. We held the home enthronement on October 2, 1981. You told me about your visits to Paray and I was a captive audience! It would be my absolute dream to go there someday, but, alas, I'd have to get over my fear of flying. With God all things are possible, right? :-)

Lisa, I did and do remember - and wish I'd acknowledged that fact. Alas, some of the details have been forgotten and I wasn't sure whether you had been to Paray or not.

No, I recall being very definitely moved by what you wrote. If you have an _easy_ way to give me a link to that post, I'd like to re-read it. Otherwise, I should be able to find it myself with a bit of effort

I pray you can get to Paray. It is really the most incredible place on earth for me. Even though it is filled with the Novus Ordo and very little in way of tradition, there is an incredible presence in both the chapel of the Apparitions and another incredible chapel where the relics of St. Claude La Colombiere lay. Yet another chapel has 24 hour adoration of the Blessed Sacrament ...

But none of that even begins to cover it ...

Paray is different. I was usually staying there in a van. Sometimes I would wake up in the middle of the night in the van and just know something was different there ... powerful, present ... working on me around the clock 24 hours a day, whether I was in prayer in those chapels or not.

My whole life has been changed by the place. His Most Sacred Heart can still be felt there - and that is the origin of the website I share with my wife. (Alas she can't use computers or participate at FE; I have to upload her blog myself.)

But yes, Kim, my wife also was transformed ... It is incredible. If you can possibly get there, one thing I recommend. Don't get caught up in the temptation to see more of France and so only spend a night or so and then move on. If you possibly can - spend three, four, five nights or more - just in Paray.

The magic of the place gets more powerful the longer one stays there in the stillness, in prayer ...

Same is true of Lourdes and I imagine La Salette though I was only two nights at the latter. Both incredible places too. Our Lady is there ...
Pages: 1 2