FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: 7000 French protesters in Paris against "Christianophobia"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is a bit old, but interesting/inspiring none the less ...

On the 11th of December 2011, 7000 people in Paris demonstrated ...

Not for pro-life, not against same sex marriage - but for Christianity and against "Christianophobia"

Here is a short three minute video in French with quite remarkable street scenes, I think.

I wish this could be translated into English. I will just translate the main big white banner you see the crowd carrying right at the beginning at about 20 seconds

France is Christian and must remain so!

I really want to move to France.
France never recovered from 1789. It's a sad sorry place compared to what it was centuries ago. It's great the 7000 folks showed up but that's not enough in the end. France is a pompous, elitist euro secularist nation filled with empty monuments to it's Catholic past and a few brave Christian souls fighting a losing battle with hordes of infidel immigrants and a prevailing culture of empty athiest humanism just like the rest of so called "Christendom". You couldn't pay me to live in France or anywhere else in Europe for that matter.
(01-27-2014, 11:15 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]France never recovered from 1789. It's a sad sorry place compared to what it was centuries ago. It's great the 7000 folks showed up but that's not enough in the end. France is a pompous, elitist euro secularist nation filled with empty monuments to it's Catholic past and a few brave Christian souls fighting a losing battle with hordes of infidel immigrants and a prevailing culture of empty athiest humanism just like the rest of so called "Christendom". You couldn't pay me to live in France or anywhere else in Europe for that matter.

Well we're in exile wherever we go now, aren't we?

The food is good, the wine is wine, and the girls are pretty... that there exists something of a functional Catholic rearguard action is reassuring, to say the least. More than we can say here in the States.
(01-27-2014, 11:15 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]France never recovered from 1789. It's a sad sorry place compared to what it was centuries ago. It's great the 7000 folks showed up but that's not enough in the end. France is a pompous, elitist euro secularist nation filled with empty monuments to it's Catholic past and a few brave Christian souls fighting a losing battle with hordes of infidel immigrants and a prevailing culture of empty athiest humanism just like the rest of so called "Christendom". You couldn't pay me to live in France or anywhere else in Europe for that matter.

Your first sentence is certainly true, but I think it is more accurate to say the world never recovered from 1789.
(01-28-2014, 01:36 AM)frater Wrote: [ -> ]

Well we're in exile wherever we go now, aren't we?

The food is good, the wine is wine, and the girls are pretty... that there exists something of a functional Catholic rearguard action is reassuring, to say the least. More than we can say here in the States.
Dang! Wish I should take my first trip over the water to France with all those pretty girls there.

Hm ... I am an American in Europe, who couldn't bear to live in America now.

Having lived in Catholic Europe - Ireland, Spain and France - I have to say there is something so deeply Catholic in all, that I think I would feel as if I were starving to death in America.

And the resistance in France whilst small is truly staggering. In France, one is never more than 45 minutes - tops! - away from the Latin Mass.

I miss it - although Ireland where I live now is wondrous for me ...
France has always given us the greatest saints and the greatest sinners. I think Bishop Sheen described it as "a hotbed of holiness or heresy." Or, in the immortal words of Mother Goose, paraphrased: When they are good they are very very good, and when they are bad they are horrid.

Just for the record, all my favorite saints are French: Joan of Arc, Francis de Sales, Vincent de Paul, Therese of Lisieux.
(01-28-2014, 11:55 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]France has always given us the greatest saints and the greatest sinners. I think Bishop Sheen described it as "a hotbed of holiness or heresy." Or, in the immortal words of Mother Goose, paraphrased: When they are good they are very very good, and when they are bad they are horrid.

Just for the record, all my favorite saints are French: Joan of Arc, Francis de Sales, Vincent de Paul, Therese of Lisieux.

Yes, indeed, Lisa - France is extraordinary.

The scene also of five great Marian Apparitions - Laus (most recently approved by BXVI) Rue du Bac in Paris (source of Miraculous Medal) La Salette, Lourdes and Pontmain.

And of course, the revelation of the Sacred Heart in Paray-le-Monial - Paray-le-Monial which, incidentally, totally changed my life ...

Not to mention the scene of the great 19th century French Counter Revolution movement dominated by figures like Dom Gueranger, Cardinal Pie - the inspiration of St. Pius X.

And in the 20th century, the birthplace of Catholic traditionalism - with Archbishop Lefebvre leading the way of course. But the FSSP and ICKSP are French in origin and the country has these great Latin Mass convents and monasteries all across it.

If anyone is interested in this, I have quite a big archive of posts relating to Catholic France here:

http://corjesusacratissimum.org/tag/catholic-france

Vive La France!

(01-28-2014, 02:37 PM)Roger Buck Wrote: [ -> ]And of course, the revelation of the Sacred Heart in Paray-le-Monial - Paray-le-Monial which, incidentally, totally changed my life ...

Mine too!
Pages: 1 2