FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Animal Rights Activists Upset Over Dove Attacks at the Vatican
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(01-28-2014, 04:15 PM)Saint Thomas More Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2014, 02:05 PM)Chestertonian Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2014, 01:55 PM)Saint Thomas More Wrote: [ -> ]And yet how many of these people are against abortion? I say this in all seriousness because when I was at a groundbreaking for PP (holding anti-abortion signs with the local 40 days for life group) they had PETA there protesting us. Funny they call people like me that eat animals a "species-ist" (like a racist) because I see the difference in humanity and animals raised for food and yet they would never touch an animal to eat it when they drive to kill their baby at the local abortion clinic. I'm reminded of an early church quote I read once about how the locals would leave their children to exposure (to die in the cold-infanticide) and pick up a stray cold animal on the way home and how totally backward and insane that was to the said early church father.

Stupid people. If they have a problem with the birds then they need to camp out in Africa and other wild untamed places and protect the poor zebras and gazelles from the lions.  :eyeroll: !!!!!!!

PETA protested your protest?  That's just weird.  What Early Church Father are you talking about?

This one:

"Although keeping parrots and curlews, the [pagans] do not adopt the orphan child. Rather, they expose
children who are born at home. Yet, they take up young birds. So they prefer irrational creatures to rational
ones!"--Clement of Alexandria (c. 195, E)

Interesting.  I guess there's nothing new under the sun
I wonder what horror is meant by exposing children born at home means. If there is more of these writings it'd make a powerful letter to the editor of the NYT.

"Fathers of the Catholic Church have been hip to your evil pagan Peta asses since 195 AD".

by tim the terrible, eater of birdies and bunnies !!

with a picture of me eating roasted sparrows on sticks

(01-28-2014, 01:19 PM)Chestertonian Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/euro...story.html

Quote:
The last time John Paul II tried to release a dove, on a chilly Jan. 30, 2005, he had to linger at the open window as the bird flew back inside.

Poor dove. I wonder if HH let it live in the Papal apartments as a pet?  :)
(01-28-2014, 04:34 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what horror is meant by exposing children born at home means. If there is more of these writings it'd make a powerful letter to the editor of the NYT.

"Fathers of the Catholic Church have been hip to your evil pagan Peta asses since 195 AD".

by tim the terrible, eater of birdies and bunnies !!

with a picture of me eating roasted sparrows on sticks

:LOL:
It's funny the deranged lunatics over at PETA (never saw a sane one) have a problem with crows and seagulls eating doves.

So did they wanted us to not allow crows and seagulls to eat, and then starve to death?

...thus causing harm and death to these two animals?

???

Liberalism is a serious mental disorder. Frankly, PETA members should all be put in asylums and be given serious doses of lithium and therapy.
(01-28-2014, 08:04 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]It's funny the deranged lunatics over at PETA (never saw a sane one) have a problem with crows and seagulls eating doves.

So did they wanted us to not allow crows and seagulls to eat, and then starve to death?

???

Liberalism is a serious mental disorder. Frankly, PETA members should all be put in asylums and be given serious doses of lithium and therapy.

Don't insult the mentally ill like that
(01-28-2014, 04:34 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder what horror is meant by exposing children born at home means......

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

As to your question - Exposing children is leaving them exposed to the elements to die. As I understand it they also left them to die in large jars.  :'((
(01-28-2014, 08:08 PM)Chestertonian Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2014, 08:04 PM)austenbosten Wrote: [ -> ]It's funny the deranged lunatics over at PETA (never saw a sane one) have a problem with crows and seagulls eating doves.

???

Don't insult the mentally ill like that

:eyeroll: Good grief are people sensitive

[Image: tumblr_mz1p6rZHw01qbphfbo1_400.gif]
I think that might have been a joke, suggesting that being liberal is actually worse than having a mental illness.
(01-28-2014, 10:25 PM)RyanPatrick Wrote: [ -> ]I think that might have been a joke, suggesting that being liberal is actually worse than having a mental illness.

Bingo!
Pages: 1 2 3