FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: bunk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Happy Mary Needed to be Purified as a Way of Expressing her Infinite Humility while Endorsing the Mosaic Idea that Women are Unclean in their Enactment of Procreation Day!
You know the drill not one jot or tittle will be changed. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was presented in the Temple according to Mosaic Law, just mentioning.

tim
Jots and tittles have been changed all over the place. Not sure I appreciate this particular jot is all.
It is important to note that "ritually impure" is not the same as "sinful."  It means that you are not in the right state to participate in holy activities such as worship at the Temple.  A person can also become ritually unclean through touching or even being in the same building as a dead body, having a skin disorder, etc., Childbirth, at the time was something not all women survived.  It was a life and death thing, not just physically transformative but mentally transformative.  And there is usually a lot of bleeding. 

I am not sure why giving birth to a boy meant you were ritually impure for less time than if you have a girl, though.
(02-02-2014, 06:32 AM)loggats Wrote: [ -> ]Happy Mary Needed to be Purified as a Way of Expressing her Infinite Humility while Endorsing the Mosaic Idea that Women are Unclean in their Enactment of Procreation Day!
I am not sure what you mean.

Are you saying you know better than the Church on this matter?
(02-02-2014, 10:22 AM)Chestertonian Wrote: [ -> ]It is important to note that "ritually impure" is not the same as "sinful."  It means that you are not in the right state to participate in holy activities such as worship at the Temple.  A person can also become ritually unclean through touching or even being in the same building as a dead body, having a skin disorder, etc., Childbirth, at the time was something not all women survived.  It was a life and death thing, not just physically transformative but mentally transformative.  And there is usually a lot of bleeding. 

I am not sure why giving birth to a boy meant you were ritually impure for less time than if you have a girl, though.

Surely you mean a person "became" ritually unclean through touching a corpse? None of us (I imagine) believe that's true - I certainly don't acknowledge any ritual impurity involved in the handling of dead bodies, the bodies of people who have eczema, the bodies of individuals born with birth defects etc.
(02-02-2014, 10:55 AM)Old Salt Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2014, 06:32 AM)loggats Wrote: [ -> ]Happy Mary Needed to be Purified as a Way of Expressing her Infinite Humility while Endorsing the Mosaic Idea that Women are Unclean in their Enactment of Procreation Day!
I am not sure what you mean.

Are you saying you know better than the Church on this matter?

I'm not sure what you mean either. What do you think "the Church" is doing today?
Why are you upset over something that, for the most part, is no longer applicable?

The only thing which I know of that might remain is the necessity of a priest to have canonical digits/fingers.
I suspect that loggats also has a problem with Jesus Christ subjecting Himself to a pagan leader and offering no defense of Himself despite having plenty of opportunities to do so, for the sake of humility.
(02-02-2014, 10:00 AM)loggats Wrote: [ -> ]Jots and tittles have been changed all over the place. Not sure I appreciate this particular jot is all.

what does titties have to do with any of this?
Pages: 1 2 3