FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Praying for Rain? Obey Him
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(Not sure if I'm posting in the right place.)
"Pray for Rain" is heard all over the West lately, 52 days no rain & we are in a drought. Today Father reminded us, We ask for Rain, God is asking us to obey Him. we ask Him for so much, do we obey Him? We are sinners.

I suppose because of the events in my life these couple of weeks I found that refreshing.
How about "Sackcloth and Ashes for Rain?"
I feel as though, if any epoch called out to Heaven for sackcloth and ashes, its
ours.

On a positive note, this year's Super Bowl halftime show wasn't a blatant pagan ritual, so that was nice.
(02-03-2014, 12:09 AM)frater Wrote: [ -> ]I feel as though, if any epoch called out to Heaven for sackcloth and ashes, its
ours.

On a positive note, this year's Super Bowl halftime show wasn't a blatant pagan ritual, so that was nice.

It's the little things.
When you pray for rain, be specific.
Smile Smile Smile
(02-03-2014, 12:30 AM)Chestertonian Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2014, 12:09 AM)frater Wrote: [ -> ]I feel as though, if any epoch called out to Heaven for sackcloth and ashes, its
ours.

It's the little things.

Nothing says sackcloth, ashes and constant prayer like a ballgame break.
(02-03-2014, 01:35 AM)loggats Wrote: [ -> ]
ours.

It's the little things.

or toto!
(02-03-2014, 01:44 AM)Chestertonian Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2014, 01:35 AM)loggats Wrote: [ -> ]
ours.

It's the little things.

or toto!

Great song brah!
ours.

(I was kinda holding my breath about that myself.)

I guess I need to expand on that. We have a young Polish Priest, looks like he just got out of seminary. Goes through the Mass very well-practiced,is kind of afraid to say anything "wrong." the older Priest said Mass today. He''s a little more...human? Real? Not afraid to remind us of what is expected of us as God's children. (Clowns, all of you. Grin)