FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: How Pro Life Are You?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This clip was at the end of one of the Vortex's I watched.  It was cut out and posted as its own on YouTube by "Resistere".

I think in a few short minutes, it did a good job showing 1) Contraception is evil, 2) contraception does NOT reduce abortions, 3) contraception causes a plethora of social ills, and last (but not least) 4) that the Catholic Church is the *only* Church who's teachings are protected by the Holy Ghost.

-Martin
The
the
THE
tHe

Repetition
REPETITION
repetition

is
IS
iS

ANNOYING
Annoying
annoYing
annoying

Grrrrrrrrrr! I HATE that media phenomenon wherein folks repeat lines one after another like that! It's a major pet peeve of mine. One sees it a lot in commercials for medications, it seems. Drives me NUTS!  There needs to be a name for that...
(02-03-2014, 01:07 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Grrrrrrrrrr! I HATE that media phenomenon wherein folks repeat lines one after another like that! It's a major pet peeve of mine. One sees it a lot in commercials for medications, it seems. Drives me NUTS!  There needs to be a name for that...

It drives me nuts too

I call it brain washing
(02-03-2014, 01:26 AM)ArturoOrtiz Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2014, 01:07 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote: [ -> ]Grrrrrrrrrr! I HATE that media phenomenon wherein folks repeat lines one after another like that! It's a major pet peeve of mine. One sees it a lot in commercials for medications, it seems. Drives me NUTS!  There needs to be a name for that...

It drives me nuts too

I call it brain washing

LOL

Someone posted complimenting the Voris ad, and all we can manage to do is bitch because we hate the repetition!

haha yeah it does have a Doubleplus-good! feel to it.
yea  an attempt was made by M. Voris to get people to think about what they are doing....so the response is bitch about it ... go figure Huh?
(02-04-2014, 12:09 AM)Qoheleth Wrote: [ -> ]yea  an attempt was made by M. Voris to get people to think about what they are doing....so the response is bitch about it ... go figure Huh?

No it's a good ad and God Bless Voris for it. It's just the repetitive is such a tired cliche used in non-profit awareness ads (along with the black and white) it's just revolting. It's like watching those annoying Sarah McLaughlin sad puppy eyes with "Arms of an angel" playing in the background.