FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: A reminder that Satan is REALLY real (Kind of graphic).
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

(Fast forward to the 9:30 mark to get to the heart of this post)

Here's what DMX says in the interview (just in case you don't want to watch):

"Three conversations with the Devil. To make a fair decision, you have to be aware of both sides. And I was approached and so I had a conversation. It doesn't mean that I rolled with him or believed him, but I was able to recognize him by what he said to me and what he offered me. So now I know who you are. And I stopped talking to him."

This sent chills down my spine and here's why:

I grew up in the inner city of Richmond, VA, so rap music has always been a part of me. Even though I am a grown man now and haven't been in that environment in 18 years, I still listen to some old hip hop songs sometimes.

Anyways, I joined the Army right out of high school in 1996. In August 1998, I was sent to Bosnia-Herzegovina as part of the stabilization force. While I did not see combat, I was present when some of the mass grave sites were first being discovered. When a grave site was found, they would transport the deceased to Tuzla (the capitol) and line them up on this big lot so that people who were missing family members could visit and attempt to identify the bodies. Because of my job (I was military police and the Provost Marshal's driver), I had to visit this site a couple of times with my boss. This included walking up and down the rows of the dead to inspect the whole operation (well my boss inspected, I was just his driver).

No matter how "tough" I tried to be, seeing all of those corpses really got to me. I had nightmares for a while and sometimes I would smell the lot as if I were standing there. So I turned to music to try to get the images and smells out of my head (you didn't seek medical treatment at that time because it would kill your career...and your fellow soldiers would ridicule you) which in my case, was rap. At the time, DMX's first album had just been released. Titled "It's Dark and Hell is Hot," the album was very dark and borderline Satanic (as you can picture from the title). I was not a Catholic at the time and I think that my circumstances caused me to gravitate to this album. I listened to it everywhere I went, even though it spooked me sometimes. I felt like a dark individual because of what I had to see and so I embraced this kind of music.

DMX's follow up albums were even scarier in regards to the images on his album covers and lyrics because they suggest that he really did have an interaction with the devil. If you've ever listened to DMX's music, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Anyways, to get to the point (sorry for being long-winded), to hear DMX confirm that he talked to the Devil really brings my awareness of the Devil to another level. As a Catholic, I of course know that the Devil exists. This just adds to my awareness of him.

I just felt like sharing this as I just found the video.

On a side note, my boss in Bosnia inadvertently converted me to Catholicism. He was a "gung-ho" military guy, yet he always saluted the Catholic Chaplain first when they approached each other outdoors (for my non-military friends here, the junior always salutes the senior). He would often ask the Chaplain for Confession, always went to Mass etc. Anyways 10 years later, when I first realized that God was real and I wanted to worship him, I began to think of the "holiest" people I knew. My old military boss was the first person I thought of and because he was a Catholic, I started researching the Catholic faith first.
(02-03-2014, 01:19 PM)damooster Wrote: [ -> ]On a side note, my boss in Bosnia inadvertently converted me to Catholicism. He was a "gung-ho" military guy, yet he always saluted the Catholic Chaplain first when they approached each other outdoors (for my non-military friends here, the junior always salutes the senior). He would often ask the Chaplain for Confession, always went to Mass etc. Anyways 10 years later, when I first realized that God was real and I wanted to worship him, I began to think of the "holiest" people I knew. My old military boss was the first person I thought of and because he was a Catholic, I started researching the Catholic faith first.

Very nice. I have a great deal of respect for military Chaplains (especially since I was baptized by one).  Salute

But that devil thing is really scary!  Shocked
A short departure, Fr. Malachi Martin an exorcist, said in NYC, there are so many demons, they'd address him on the street, because they recognized him. Evil is all around us and you saw first hand his horrible handiwork. Your boss is a shining example of Evangelization.

tim
This just goes to show you. We don't get to Heaven alne, we take others with us.
Smile Smile Smile
(02-03-2014, 07:05 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]A short departure, Fr. Malachi Martin an exorcist, said in NYC, there are so many demons, they'd address him on the street, because they recognized him. Evil is all around us and you saw first hand his horrible handiwork. Your boss is a shining example of Evangelization.

tim

And Padre Pio said if all the demons on earth were to become visible, they would be more in number than all the people who lived on earth since adam and eve.