FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Remnant Underground. Interesting comments about trads banding together (or not)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
As well as nice take on the grammies....

Mr. Matt is on it like a laser. Not only would I like to see a truce among SSPX, FSSP, and ICK, I pray they run to defend and save FFI. That would be a united front !!
My take is the SSPX has within it a group of priests which will never take yes for an answer, and at every chance use it drive the wedge deeper. All of the offshoots that are sede come from SSPX. That alone is proof it incubates it's own problems.

tim
Extremely well put Mr Matt.

ALL Traditionalists, ALL, must join together in the fight to save souls!!!!
Even before listening to Michael, I heartily support the need for convicted traditionalists to speak with one voice on so much, given what we have overwhelmingly in common.
(02-04-2014, 01:19 PM)Miriam_M Wrote: [ -> ]Even before listening to Michael, I heartily support the need for convicted traditionalists to speak with one voice on so much, given what we have overwhelmingly in common.

Agreed, divide and conquer is the strategy of the enemy.

Rather than focus on the differences between trads we should focus on the similarities, kinda the same way the New Evangelization focuses in the similarities shared between Catholics and Protestant denominations. I'm sure that when many people, not all people, realize what the Catholic Church has taught for 2000 years will return to traditionalism.  isn't that how most of us have found fisheaters?
(02-04-2014, 01:46 PM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2014, 01:19 PM)Miriam_M Wrote: [ -> ]Even before listening to Michael, I heartily support the need for convicted traditionalists to speak with one voice on so much, given what we have overwhelmingly in common.

Rather than focus on the differences between trads we should focus on the similarities, kinda the same way the New Evangelization focuses in the similarities shared between Catholics and Protestant denominations. I'm sure that when many people, not all people, realize what the Catholic Church has taught for 2000 years will return to traditionalism.  isn't that how most of us have found fisheaters?

So we are supposed to utilize the erroneous notions of Vatican II to save the ChurchHuh?
Completely agree with the message here. Our civilisation, so-called, faces a very, very, very grim future indeed, unless the Church can be healed.

But I have a question here. The SSPX document mentions the loss of 60 priests to the SSPX since some 2006.

Now some of these have gone to the "right" - eg Williamson and his followers.

And maybe 10-15 ? went to the "left" - to the Institute of the Good Shepherd who are yet to be found in the Anglosphere, but are doing good work in France etc.

But I am surprised the number is as high as 60 - something like 10 per cent. Does anyone have a better idea of where they went and what the figures are. Would be very grateful for anything at all about this. Thank you.
What is a Catholic ?? It's Faith, first, foremost, and always, and it is expressed in the Creed and the Catechism, and at our particular judgement there will not be a final test on every document written in 2000 years. Christ taught in parables and told the Apostles and Disciples it is for them to KNOW but not for us. Parables teach the spirit of the law. Priests know the details, and are sent with special graces to teach, and we are not. If we and others hold on to what has been taught and contained in the Creed and catechism, we are Traditional.

tim
(02-04-2014, 04:40 PM)Tim Wrote: [ -> ]What is a Catholic ?? It's Faith, first, foremost, and always, and it is expressed in the Creed and the Catechism, and at our particular judgement there will not be a final test on every document written in 2000 years. Christ taught in parables and told the Apostles and Disciples it is for them to KNOW but not for us. Parables teach the spirit of the law. Priests know the details, and are sent with special graces to teach, and we are not. If we and others hold on to what has been taught and contained in the Creed and catechism, we are Traditional.

tim

Well said. 

And I thought the video was GREAT.  The beginning was quite entertaining!  And the rest is spot on.  He's trying to get folks to see the big picture.  God Bless him!
(02-04-2014, 04:11 PM)OldMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-04-2014, 01:46 PM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: [ -> ]

So we are supposed to utilize the erroneous notions of Vatican II to save the ChurchHuh?

I said nothing about Vatican ii, that is a point of contention. How about focusing on catholic. Identity,  the vetus ordo, traditional rosary, all the things that have been stolen...
Pages: 1 2