FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Germany on the way out?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/2014...ity-rules/

Are the Germans preparing for schism?

(02-04-2014, 05:26 PM)Dmorgan Wrote: [ -> ]http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/2014...ity-rules/

No, they are not.

All the German bishops care about it money. Which they earn in droves by Church tax. This is also the reason that they put this pressure on the Vatican, because they hope that less people will leave the Church and stop paying Church taxes if it is more "accomodating". It is a win-win situation for them. If the Vatican caves in, they will tell the people "see what we did, we made the Vatican change, please stay in the church and continue to pay your tax". If the Vatican doesn't cave in, they will say "We did everything we could, but the evil, evil Vatican didn't let us, please stay in the church and continue to pay your tax".

That is also the reason why I am certain that they would never, ever, separate from the Vatican. All their privileges (e.g. every bishop gets personally paid almost 10,000€ a month by the state (not from Church tax, from state tax)) are based upon the Concordat between Germany and the Vatican. If they separate, they lose all their privileges.
(02-04-2014, 05:26 PM)Dmorgan Wrote: [ -> ]http://blogs.reuters.com/faithworld/2014...ity-rules/

Thought they already were...
Jesus has many fans, but few followers............
It's true though. Most (well, many) people in the pews DO reject Catholic sexual morality.

Don't shoot the messenger.
(02-05-2014, 11:11 AM)StrictCatholicGirl Wrote: [ -> ]It's true though. Most (well, many) people in the pews DO reject Catholic sexual morality.

Don't shoot the messenger.
I agree, unfortunately. Therefore many pew sitters are no longer Catholics. They now belong to a new sect much like the liberal Anglicans. Which seems to be what the German Bishops seem to be heading to.
Those faithful to the Church would stay, together with orthodox bishops, and the 'Wir sind Kirche' and such would leave and start the 2312312th version of 'independent church'. Or join some other 'Church', but I doubt anybody would let them. Both Lutherans and Old Catholics have much, much more reverent liturgies than these 'Catholics'. After all they're Catholics in name only.
Eventually the wheat will be separated from the chaff and if there must be a schism than i say let there be one. The problem is that owning to a lack of leadership, horrible to non existent catechesis, doctrine free sermons etc. most professed Catholic's DO reject what the Church teaches, especially on moral issues. What needs to happen is for priests and bishops to start preaching sound doctrine and finding ways to teach the Faith clearly, but to do that they themselves must believe it and have a deep interior life. They should be delicate and gentle with people, always as the cliche goes "loving the sinner but hating the sin" and doing everything possible to help those learn and practice the faith that really desire it. Thosethat don't want real Catholicism will either leave or change their hearts. No one wants a schism but if German Bishops want to persist in error than I say good riddance. The Church has room for sinners if they are contrite and know their sinfulness and lowliness but no room for defiant heretics who aren't open to being fraternally corrected and having a change of heart.
Ein Feste Burg ist Unser Gott......
(02-05-2014, 07:37 PM)formerbuddhist Wrote: [ -> ]Eventually the wheat will be separated from the chaff and if there must be a schism than i say let there be one. The problem is that owning to a lack of leadership, horrible to non existent catechesis, doctrine free sermons etc. most professed Catholic's DO reject what the Church teaches, especially on moral issues. What needs to happen is for priests and bishops to start preaching sound doctrine and finding ways to teach the Faith clearly, but to do that they themselves must believe it and have a deep interior life. They should be delicate and gentle with people, always as the cliche goes "loving the sinner but hating the sin" and doing everything possible to help those learn and practice the faith that really desire it. Thosethat don't want real Catholicism will either leave or change their hearts. No one wants a schism but if German Bishops want to persist in error than I say good riddance. The Church has room for sinners if they are contrite and know their sinfulness and lowliness but no room for defiant heretics who aren't open to being fraternally corrected and having a change of heart.

Part of what attracts me to tradition is the fact that Video Sancto sermons are full of doctrine. For the real meat of the faith one has to turn to tradition.
Pages: 1 2