FishEaters Traditional Catholic Forums

Full Version: Vatican 'regrets' damning UN report on abuse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am confused as to how the Church's teaching on abortion etc lead to pedophile (primarily homosexual) priests assaulting children.  Huh?

I mean, did the Church mess up how they handled it? Yes, absolutely. But how will access to abortion by young men keep them safe? And I don't know what planet they're on, but sex ed is taught in the Catholic schools here, as they follow the state-sponsored curriculum... but I guess not everywhere?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/vatican-reg...-1.2523737

Vatican 'regrets' damning UN report on abuse

UN says Vatican's policies allowed priests to rape children

The Vatican says it regrets what it calls the attempt by a UN committee to interfere with its teaching on abortion and contraception in a damning report on the priestly sex abuse scandal.

How Pope Francis is reshaping the Vatican

Pope Francis calls abortion 'horrific'

The UN report on Wednesday said the Vatican should change its rules on abortion and teach sexual education in Catholic schools to ensure children's rights and their access to health care are guaranteed.

The Vatican said in a statement that it remains committed to defending and protecting the rights of children but that it regrets that the committee had attempted "to interfere with Catholic Church teaching on the dignity of human person and in the exercise of religious freedom."
© The Associated Press, 2014
No offense, but the Vatican seriously needs to "grow a pair" and stop groveling. This type of self-deprecation is nauseating. What happened with the priestly abuse, was horrible; but Pope Benedict XVI said it best that what happened in the Church is a reflection of what has and is happening in the world. The sex-abuse in the Church was minuscule compared to the sex abuse happening in schools, yet where is the UN damning them??

Vatican should not "regret", instead they should reject the libelous and prejudice UN report...but I'm expecting more, it is more than clear that there are far more wolves than sheep in behind the gates of the Holy See.
The U.N. used horrific cases of child abuse as an excuse to argue for abortion (which certainly protects children, right) and sodomy.

That's pretty low.
Another reason why I don't trust anything I read from the media, unless the topic is boring.
If one desires to be nauseous, research United Nation's record for child sex trafficking and the activities of their officials.
Teach kids that abortion safeguards their reproductive health thereby ensuring they never get abused..... Huh?

There's a problem with the logic somewhere.
(02-05-2014, 12:25 PM)digitalpapist Wrote: [ -> ]The U.N. used horrific cases of child abuse as an excuse to argue for abortion (which certainly protects children, right) and sodomy.

That's pretty low.

It's the U. N. what else do you expect?
I've spent some time commenting on the Guardian website today trying to defend the church and the amount of hate and bile directed towards me as a poster, and the Church is incredible.

Many people seem to absolutely hate the Church, whether non-catholics or atheists.
(02-05-2014, 11:57 PM)triumphguy Wrote: [ -> ]I've spent some time commenting on the Guardian website today trying to defend the church and the amount of hate and bile directed towards me as a poster, and the Church is incredible.

Many people seem to absolutely hate the Church, whether non-catholics or atheists.

Many people who read the Guardian, yes.
I think it's a UK thing. Online it feels like many people in the UK are anti-theist. Or maybe they're just the loudest online.
Pages: 1 2